Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #46
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker18
hey every 1 i got a swift. basic old 95 swift. the thing is quick off the line and its still all factory. i am looking for upgrades if n e of you know where to find or who to talk to.

The swift is and ok car, in terms of something light and fast, motorbike style, then honda used one of its super bike engines in a car called the honda beat. they are midengined rear wheel drive, ~110 bhp, 2 seater covertable. very nice car but there isnt much lugage space.

there is a big industry over here using super bike engines in kit cars, these are all small and light alloy/steel space frame and monocoque composite chasis construction. One of them holds the record as the fasted acelarating production car in the world. They use two engines one to drive the front wheels and one driving the rear. ~180bhp stock engines, 6 speed seqential padel shift gearboxes total car weight sub 1000lb. There is also a version being built as we speek using 4 motor bike engines but with a new sump section cast to turn them into 60 degree V8's, each V8 has a 2litre diplacement putting out 380bhp the engines called the cyclone. The car should weigh in with 1000+bhp/ton, all wheel drive, thats before any nitros has been added.

I wanted to come to the usa and build a proper british sports car, light weight, "small" well by american standards engine or engines that goes around courners. i think it would be so cool to pull up in a really small sports car and thrash some muscle cars.

So if any one wants to have a go and has a month to build one then get in touch.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #47
cinqyg
CF Freak

Another new engine:

http://www.motopower.co.uk/brochure/firehawkv8.pdf

www.cyclonepowerltd.co.uk

theres a 3 litre version

http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/new...r/v8/index.php
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote