Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #31
Wally
I Know More Than You

Thanks guys.

I have spent some time in Europe since I last posted, been to the Middle East and now I'm heading off to S/E USA for a couple of weeks. I'm making myself scarce at home to allow my friends and daughter a reprieve from my misery and aggression. I never thought I would ever have the stuffing knocked out of me like it has.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #32
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Hey Wally - better late then never I guess...I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I have no clue how much that would devastate a person. I hope you can *move* past it(In the sense that you don't throw yourself into a downward spiral over it), but it seems like you're managing pretty decently.

Only possible way I can relate is that I've watched both my parents battle life-threatening health problems, and even though that causes enough stress and anxiety, as I said, I can only imagine how rough it truly is to lose someone you love.

It's cliche, but I think about a line, I first heard it in a country song, but I'm pretty sure it pre-dates the song by a bit(in some form anyways).

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present"

In other word, keep your chin up Wally. It may seem hard as hell to do that now, but that's the thing - you never know what tomorrow brings.

PS - You might be amazed at the strength your daughter has in dealing with this. It may help both of you to talk about it.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #33
Wally
I Know More Than You

Thanks Dodger.

Doing some time in New Orleans and Memphis helped me a bit. Cee Lo Green's F@#k You is popular in the karaoke bars over your way init.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #34
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Thanks Dodger.

Doing some time in New Orleans and Memphis helped me a bit. Cee Lo Green's F@#k You is popular in the karaoke bars over your way init.

My way? N'awlins and Memphis are a long ways away from me

I honestly have no clue what's hot in the bars around here, I've never really been big on the bar scene, unless it's in a town that has a three-digit population sign.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #35
fudge
let's fighting love

Man I hate that song - at one point the radio at work kept playing it til it drove me nuts. Another song which grind my gears is "I got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas. Complete shiet which gets played everyday without fail Man I must be getting old if all the new stuff starts to sound like crap.

Good luck with your travels, btw hows the Middle East? I've only stopped at Doha for a couple hours and didn't get to see much apart from desert.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #36
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Thanks Dodger.

Yeah, it's pretty popular on the radio around here, and on my wife's iPod.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote