Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2004, 01:40 AM   #1
Corey
CF Newbie

Supra or Skyline

hey i am wondering what kind of car i should buy next i want SPEED which should i buy 97 toyota supra or a Nissan Syline... which engine is better which has more hp which is faster which can i make faster? which will be cheaper to make faster?
thanx
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 01:52 AM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
hey i am wondering what kind of car i should buy next i want SPEED which should i buy 97 toyota supra or a Nissan Syline... which engine is better which has more hp which is faster which can i make faster? which will be cheaper to make faster?
thanx

First off A. Where do you live? Makes a difference.

and B. Both are extremely OVERPRICED here in the states if that is where you live and I advise you to look other places.

97 TT supra, good luck finding one for under $27k IF that. As for an R34 GT-R, heh, you're looking at close to $70k+ for that.

Both engines have huge potential, but both come at a HUGE price. People wonder Why I got my 300zxtt over everything else.... They DO have 800+rwhp 300zx's you know

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:37 AM   #3
car_freak
CF Newbie

it depends on your budget to get upgrades too.
both cars have the potential.

depending on your area, the upgrades may be cheaper for either one car or both,...

hope this helps.
car_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:37 AM   #4
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
thanx

Hmm, now if I read this correctly. You want a car for "SPEED". Of all the cars that have "SPEED" the first thing that came to your questioning is whether to buy a 97 Toyota Supra or a Nissan Skyline? You want to know wich engine is better, which has more HP, and wich is faster stock. You also would like to know which can obtain a faster speed via aftermarket products and would be the cheapest. You give us no information about wich Supra or wich Skyline you want us to compare. Both of these cars cost well over $25K, and have a top speed of 140mph+ in the lowest base model. You know absolutley nothing about these expensive cars other than their names, and you want them for "SPEED". Let me speak for everyone here when I say God help us all...

Please clarify yourself, because I surley can't help you if you don't even understand what it is you're asking.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:50 AM   #5
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
thanx

the cars are quite different: (assuming you mean the Skyline GT-R) RWD vs AWD/RWD (quite a fantastic system, similar to porsche's system), 4 wheel steering on the GTR, the exclusivity of the GTR in the states. But stock for stock, they are very close, and since it costs quite a bit to get them both to high hp/tq levels, look at other factors than speed.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:21 PM   #6
Wonderbread7608
CF Newbie

how old are you? did you just see 2fatf or something? (id get a supra, soo sexy)
Wonderbread7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:12 AM   #7
Corey
CF Newbie

i am 17 years old, i get my money out of the bank when i turn 18 and then im going to buy a supra or a skyline rb26dett vs. 2jz-gte which can i make go faster????????? i live in missouri! united states
Old 08-21-2004, 01:17 AM   #8
Corey
CF Newbie

oops and no i did not just see 2 fast 2 furious, my brothers 25 and he owns a skyline i'd like to kick his ass in a race!! he blows my doors off in my s13 240sx with the sr20 engine in it....... i just read an import tuner magizine and saw a supra with 991 whp and they are so cool looking so i am going to buy one.......but i am not all about looks so i am wondering if i should buy this
Old 08-21-2004, 08:31 AM   #9
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
oops and no i did not just see 2 fast 2 furious, my brothers 25 and he owns a skyline i'd like to kick his ass in a race!! he blows my doors off in my s13 240sx with the sr20 engine in it....... i just read an import tuner magizine and saw a supra with 991 whp and they are so cool looking so i am going to buy one.......but i am not all about looks so i am wondering if i should buy this

Hmm 991 RWHP? I've been behind the wheel of a street sweeping 500+ RWHP Supra buddy, and it aint nothing nice. You opened up a magazine and you want a fast Skyline. I can see your future, and it looks something like this

For those of you who cant tell that is a crashed Nissan Skyline.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:13 PM   #10
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Hmm 991 RWHP? I've been behind the wheel of a street sweeping 500+ RWHP Supra buddy, and it aint nothing nice. You opened up a magazine and you want a fast Skyline. I can see your future, and it looks something like this

DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #11
DodgeRida67
Banned

What I really don't understand is why people want a 'fast' street car when the average speed limit is 55MPH. If you want speed people, get a real muscle car and head to the track.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #12
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

Oh Oh OH, I claim the engine!

~Blow your mind~

Old 08-21-2004, 04:17 PM   #13
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
i am 17 years old, i get my money out of the bank when i turn 18 and then im going to buy a supra or a skyline rb26dett vs. 2jz-gte which can i make go faster????????? i live in missouri! united states

Get the Supra and save yourself $50k. Getting a Skyline imported to the U.S. is ABSOLUTELY pointless. Hell, if anyone wants a Skyline that bad wait until the 2007 model year when the R36 platform is brought over here and get some turbo or V-8 power which is absent on out current R35 platform (G35) Skyline we get now.

~Blow your mind~

Old 08-22-2004, 06:21 PM   #14
Corey
CF Newbie

Quote:

i want to own the biggest the baddest car in the city, no thats not my future thats the future of the guys who cant drive
Old 08-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #15
Eclipse_2004
CF Enthusiast

Yeah but what happens if you can drive very well and your racing and someone pulls infront of you??