Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2004, 08:31 PM   #76
VrrmPshh
CF Newbie

i think u got the two cars confused, the EVO is the better daily driver as it has a smoother ride, smooth acceleration, smooth handling that other cars drool over, and is just plain smooth . the STI is a little less forgiving with less linear acceleration (once that turbo spools look out) , a pretty stiff ride, a six speed tranny that grabs you out of your seat, plus no radio. I mean look at it this way which car would you be more likely to take off road? with the FMIC and how low the car sits the EVO is pretty much stuck on the road, as opposed to the TMIC on the STI and the 6+ inches of ground clearance...i think that would make it more a "sports" (well the sport these cars were designed for anyways) car as opposed to a daily driver.
VrrmPshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:03 PM   #77
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Talking

the evo WILL out perform a STi.. round a track, 0-60 woteva.. it has a wider power band, it develops nearly all its torque from as low as 3500rpm, where as the subaru has v little to offer below 5500rpm.. the evo has AYC and a better front centre diff, stiffer suspension/anti-roll bars, a stiffer chassis and an much better placed/faster gear change.. the subaru has the benifits of a better ride quality for day to day use and a much nicer/better built interior... if u want a daily car buy a STi, but if u want something to throw round a track at weekends and don't mind small niggles wiv the interior buy an evo.. also note that in the japanese domestic market both cars have a 2.0 liter turbo engine.. but running on japanese fuel the subaru has 265 bhp and the evo has closer to 300 bhp.. the only reason theres a T25 2.5 liter flat 4 in the american domestic market is coz subaru realised that american fuel was not producing sufficient power in thier cars.. now lets look at rally car specifications.. their not allowed engines bigger than 2.0 litres.. so has the subaru not lost its main principal? to be a road going rally car.. in some respects yes, in others no.. its still a hugely capable car, even with the heavier engine which promoted greated doses of understeer... for me its the evo, thru and thru..

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 03-07-2004 at 07:22 PM.
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #78
jzxTT
CF Addict

I think it was mazda6man who was telling me Evo's are crap, unless you like visiting your local mechanic a lot.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:08 AM   #79
monsterevo
CF Newbie

evo best

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000Boy
its a awsome car, 271 hp and 0-60 in 5.3 sec and can hadle better than the 350 z and the s2000, i want one so bad and its better than the sti by a little.
dude;
the evo 8 does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds!
it handles better and as simply faster than the sti
i'm sure it can even beat a corvette, the car you all adore and praise
monsterevo is offline   Reply With Quote