Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

'02 Lancer light size?

does anybody know where i can find out what the headlight bulb size is for a 2002 mitsubish lancer es? im thinkin of buying blue lights for my headlight but there were so many sizes at pep boys. i didnt know what size my lights were, so i checked under the hood and there was nothing that would tell me the size.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
does anybody know where i can find out what the headlight bulb size is for a 2002 mitsubish lancer es? im thinkin of buying blue lights for my headlight but there were so many sizes at pep boys. i didnt know what size my lights were, so i checked under the hood and there was nothing that would tell me the size.
They're 9007's. If you were at Pep Boy's why didn't you just ask them?

Nevermind, the excuse probably won't be worth reading anyway.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:14 AM   #3
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

9007? thx.. i did ask the people that worked at pepboys.. but they said they didnt know.. i the guy was just to lazy to look, i would expect them to have a book or something that has all the light sizes for each and every car but they didnt.

~btw, how did you know the size?
Old 10-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
9007? thx.. i did ask the people that worked at pepboys.. but they said they didnt know.. i the guy was just to lazy to look, i would expect them to have a book or something that has all the light sizes for each and every car but they didnt.

~btw, how did you know the size?
You're welcome. All I can say to answer this questions is... haven't you noticed that I know everything?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 10-21-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

again.. i appreciate your help, bought the lights yesterday and installed 'em pretty easily.. the only problem is, i heard the can burn out easily because they get twice as hotter as the regular lights.

Last edited by Ki2AY : 10-21-2004 at 09:09 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
again.. i appreciate your help, bought the lights yesterday and installed 'em pretty easily.. the only problem is, i heard the can burn out easily because they get twice as hotter as the regular lights.
I don't know what you installed so I can't comment, but... If you touched the glass part of the lamp at all you'll burn it out in short order due to hot spots. What I can tell you is my wife's going to work car has had Sylvania Cool Blues in it for about 5 years and 200k+ miles without being replaced. They're not cheap bulbs but you get what you pay for.