Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

2007 Chevy Camaro....

Here is a thread from an F-body forum which talks a lot about the 2007 Camaro coming, or maybe not coming.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...pagen umber=1

Also check page 63 of this pdf

http://www.edc.ca/prodserv/automotiv...leveland_e.pdf

Last edited by Flame Roller : 12-13-2004 at 11:47 PM.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:11 AM   #2
83camaro
CF Newbie

From what ive been hearing is that Chevy (GM) stopped making the Camaro.. I'll believe the rummor that the camaro is commin backwhen it happens...

83camaro
Old 12-14-2004, 01:28 AM   #3
What
Banned

I think the Camaro will come back. I hope it comes back, it'll encourage a "war" with the Mustang, and hopefully produce faster and better musclecars. I don't want a Mustang monopoly.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:02 AM   #4
83camaro
CF Newbie

i agree with you but i think that as soon as the chevy sees that they need a car to compete with the poneys then they will upgrade their cobalts. although i would love to see the camaro come back

83camaro
Old 12-14-2004, 02:43 AM   #5
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83camaro
i agree with you but i think that as soon as the chevy sees that they need a car to compete with the poneys then they will upgrade their cobalts. although i would love to see the camaro come back

83camaro

Cobalts? To compete with the Mustang? I don't think so. Cobalts are FWD, there is no way it will be in competition with the Mustang. The Mustang GT has 300 hp, I'd like to see a front-wheel-drive car with 300 hp.

The Cobalt and Mustang aren't in the same league. No comparison. The Cobalt is competing with Ford's Focus. Chevrolet currently has no car in the Mustang's category.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

Just wanted to get the info out

like I said I don't know if it is true or not, but I would hope so, especially if it ends up doing somewhat well and they then bring back one of my favorite cars, the Firebird, which has always depended on Camaro sales.

Also to What... why would it be so hard to get a FWD car with 300 hp? I mean they make AWD cars with over 300 hp, so I don't see why it seems implausable to you.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:02 PM   #7
S_DemonSpeed_S
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Cobalts? To compete with the Mustang? I don't think so. Cobalts are FWD, there is no way it will be in competition with the Mustang. The Mustang GT has 300 hp, I'd like to see a front-wheel-drive car with 300 hp.

The Cobalt and Mustang aren't in the same league. No comparison. The Cobalt is competing with Ford's Focus. Chevrolet currently has no car in the Mustang's category.

Ok, understanable, cobalt and mustang, not happening, but where do you get off saying that chevrolet has no mustang category car, forget about the corvette? Unless you say that the corvette is in its own league with out a ford counterpart...
S_DemonSpeed_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
S_DemonSpeed_S
CF Newbie

As i said before i agree with the cobalt not being in the mustangs league.... Ever!!! But 300whp for a fwd is not even hard. People do it in civics, the most under-powered stock engines available for "performance-driven" cars. If they want to see some hard-core FWD cars, go here - http://www.lvracingscene.com/videos.php or www.cheesefrog.com
Old 12-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #9
83camaro
CF Newbie

The vett can go with the mustang.. BUt have you every heard the expression.. Just because its a vett doesnt mean that it is fast? With out the camaro, chevy does not have a cheep musscle car that is able to compete with the GTO and mustang... Thus Perhaps either in 06 or 07 the new camaro will be relieased, if it ever comes back.

83camaro
Old 12-14-2004, 10:48 PM   #10
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_DemonSpeed_S
Ok, understanable, cobalt and mustang, not happening, but where do you get off saying that chevrolet has no mustang category car, forget about the corvette? Unless you say that the corvette is in its own league with out a ford counterpart...

actually, yeah. the Mustang and Vette ARE in different leagues. the covette costs a tad over $40K, where the Mustang starts at about $26K. big difference there.

oh and What...300 HP is doable in a FWD car....it's just not that favorable or practical. i'm sure you know why, so I won't bore you with it.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:49 PM   #11
S_DemonSpeed_S
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83camaro
The vett can go with the mustang.. BUt have you every heard the expression.. Just because its a vett doesnt mean that it is fast? With out the camaro, chevy does not have a cheep musscle car that is able to compete with the GTO and mustang... Thus Perhaps either in 06 or 07 the new camaro will be relieased, if it ever comes back.

83camaro

As a matter of fact i have never heard that expression, because no matter what, if its a vette, it will be fast, and where do you get off saying to compete with the GTO??? GTO is GM buddy, thus so is Chevrolet, and the corvette would destroy the new GTO if it was put up against it...
Old 12-14-2004, 10:54 PM   #12
S_DemonSpeed_S
CF Newbie

Tell me why a FWD with 300+ hp isn't favorable or practical... Ive ridden, and driven one and its a daily driver and wasn't gutted...or maybe, just maybe, someone is an import hater... Which i used to be...
Old 12-14-2004, 10:57 PM   #13
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_DemonSpeed_S
Tell me why a FWD with 300+ hp isn't favorable or practical... Ive ridden, and driven one and its a daily driver and wasn't gutted...or maybe, just maybe, someone is an import hater... Which i used to be...

two words

Torque Steer

and what's this car you speak of? What would love to know...

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:22 AM   #14
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

The GTO is in with GM and so they dont have to compete, and GM does not have a Mustang Beater. The GTO could come to mind, but we are talking about Chevy not a Pontiac. GM NEEDS a Mustang-beater and a car in that catagory. It just feels empty with out it. You could make a 300 hp front drive car, but it could become quite combersome. On this subject, I also believe that Dodge needs to bring something to the battle. They are bringing back the Charger, but with 4 doors! That is bogus! The Crossfire is too expensive when it is powerful, and all in all: there needs to be a new muscle car war! The imports are holding out and the domestics seem to be failing. We need American Muscle! The Camaro has to come back, and Dodge needs a Muscle Car. That is just my opinion though.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:28 AM   #15
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
oh and What...300 HP is doable in a FWD car....it's just not that favorable or practical. i'm sure you know why, so I won't bore you with it.

Yeah, its "do-able", but I meant its not likely or like you said, "practical", in a production car.