Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2003, 05:41 AM   #1
Split Mafia
CF Newbie

'67 Camaro or '04 GTO

i currently have a 67 camaro rs/ss 350 optioned out orginal everything, great car. but i like what i see in the new 04 gto and my dad has a 70 gto. i think theyd look pretty sweet together new/old and all, but i dont know if its worth selling my camaro to get a new goat. what are your opinions???
Split Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: '67 Camaro or '04 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Mafia
i currently have a 67 camaro rs/ss 350 optioned out orginal everything, great car. but i like what i see in the new 04 gto and my dad has a 70 gto. i think theyd look pretty sweet together new/old and all, but i dont know if its worth selling my camaro to get a new goat. what are your opinions???

You are simply comparing apples and oranges. If you're not sure if you should keep your current car you don't really deserve it. Only you can know what you want in a car.

Now my opinion. If you're on a forum asking this kind of a question, I seriously doubt you have a '67 RS/SS.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 05:11 PM   #3
Split Mafia
CF Newbie

you doubt that i have a camaro? why in the hell would i ask car enthusiasts opinion on something like this if i really didnt have the car? are you some kind of stupid?
Old 07-28-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Mafia
you doubt that i have a camaro? why in the hell would i ask car enthusiasts opinion on something like this if i really didnt have the car? are you some kind of stupid?

Uh, no. You asked for an opinion and I gave it. If you don't like it that's your problem, deal with it.

I notice that you completely missed the first part of my post. You are comparing apples and oranges by comparing those two cars. I would say that makes you some kind of stupid.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 07-31-2003, 06:51 PM   #5
Tony Mason
CF Newbie

Ignow VWhobo. He always thinks people miss his points which are typically pointless. Then he get's out of joint and attacks again. You have a nice ride. Keep it and enjoy it.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:45 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mason
Ignow VWhobo. He always thinks people miss his points which are typically pointless. Then he get's out of joint and attacks again. You have a nice ride. Keep it and enjoy it.

Let me see if I can make my point absolutely clear right now. You come in here looking for help and I try to give it to you. You choose not to help me to help you. Then you come here and talk shit about me. You are the one who is pointless and deserves to be ignored.

Old 07-31-2003, 08:01 PM   #7
Tony Mason
CF Newbie

So Split Mafia,
What will you do? A '67 Camaro is a classic beauty. Sure can't be replaced! Do you take it to shows and let others enjoy it too? How about posting a picture?
Old 08-02-2003, 12:53 AM   #8
Split Mafia
CF Newbie

i posted a pic in the multimedia/vehicles forum, check it out
Old 08-09-2003, 07:53 PM   #9
iamane30m20nut

Camaro is old-school in terms of acceleration, braking, and handling. The GTO will be faster, quicker, brake far better, and handle quite well. Now, all you have to do is pick which of the two you'd rather have.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:05 PM   #10
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Actually, they make aftermarket kits for classic cars that can really improve their handeling. (or so I've been told) You can just put newer, bigger brakes on the Camaro and a few extra horsepower to bring it into the performance realm of the GTO. You'll have a much nicer car imho.
Of coarse, you will get a factory warranty with the new GTO.

I say stick with the Camaro, but still research the GTO.
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:39 PM   #11
Machine
CF Newbie

I'm an import fan but I still love the classic American rides...I gotta say keep the Camaro...I really don't care for these nameplate revivals- the Thunderbird, Marauder...Just an opinion and you've got to do what's good for you, but I'd keep the classic...
Old 08-11-2003, 09:35 PM   #12
irondrums

Site Help

I can't decide which one to save money for: the 1969 Camaro RS/SS or the 1969 GTO? Both wonderful and powerful cars.
anyway, for those that know a lot about classics and have lots of time on their hands can visit my site http://www.geocities.com/cazsgarage and email me (ironmaidendude872@yahoo.com) with any suggestions/corrections about the car names.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:33 AM   #13
chvyscott67

i'd stick with the 67' definitely
Old 03-05-2004, 06:33 AM   #14
67Pony
CF Newbie

Dude, put simply, I drive 67 Mustang (i.e. Im a Ford man), and I still think your Camaro kicks ass. Keep it. Besides, the classic goats are classic because theyre just that, CLASSIC. No 2004 GTO (that if you ask me looks like a Grand Prix with a body kit) could ever match up to your dad's. So keep your badass ride. Trust me in six years when a 2004 seems like a dumb idea, youlll be happy you still have a vintage Camaro.
67Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:20 AM   #15
Unforgiven
CF Newbie

Living in Australia I see too many new Monaros (the car the new GTO was heavily based on, if you didn't know) and the shape gets boring quickler then you think.
My opinion is do what you want, but my suggestion is keep the Camaro. First generation F bodies will never look un-sexy.

"Gimme Fuel. Gimme Fire, Gimme That Which I Desire!"

Rock On!
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote