Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
SR20DET 33 67.35%
KA24DET 16 32.65%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2005, 01:55 AM   #61
57ock
CF Addict

LoL this is still going..
Here in Australia.. We don't give a fark for KA24 And why would we? Why would u bother to rip out a sr20det and drop in a KA24DE..
Old 01-25-2005, 06:45 AM   #62
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
LoL this is still going..
Here in Australia.. We don't give a fark for KA24 And why would we? Why would u bother to rip out a sr20det and drop in a KA24DE..

Damn I can't beleive this topic went on for this long.

If you live in Australia or Japan your opinion should'nt be held to any validity because you've probably never even seen a KA motor. If you live in a country where the SR20 is offered as the stock motor, stick with that. Its the better choice costwise and the better efficientwise.

If you live in the Americas(like myself) it depends on what you want to do. If you are into heavy drag racing stick with the KA. If you like to autocross and drift the SR20 is better suited for that application.

Theres not much discrepancy as they have been written in stone by all 240SX experts alike. Iregardless to what any one would say, if you have the money mods for the KA motor can be easily bought.

Again if you live in America. KA for Drag/SR for DRift. It can not get any simpler.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:21 AM   #63
darkhorse
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
sr20det is the silvia engine
sorry bud they put the engine in WAY MORE cars than just a silvia, shoes how rice you are. no offense dude but nissan puts the same engiens in bunches of cars, look at the new VQ35DE is in something like 4 or 5 cars i think
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:13 PM   #64
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse
sorry bud they put the engine in WAY MORE cars than just a silvia, shoes how rice you are. no offense dude but nissan puts the same engiens in bunches of cars, look at the new VQ35DE is in something like 4 or 5 cars i think

They use it in the Bluebird, GTi-R,and the Siliva.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:10 AM   #65
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

This thead is never going to die.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:50 PM   #66
MakotoS13
CF Newbie

ever see a 500hp KAT?

http://www.phatka-t.com/engineparts.htm

i wont put an SR in my car cause the KA just has so much more potential due to its truck heritage. the first sports cars had TRUCK motors.. why? torque.

one of the best drifters i know personally uses a STOCK KA24DE. all of you ricer JDM fetish retards can suck on that and call it sundae.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:47 AM   #67
57ock
CF Addict

OMG 500hp... You serious... Farkkkkk..
Pfff who gives a shit about 500hp
Old 02-03-2005, 04:31 AM   #68
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Any serious autmotive enthuisiast and automaker. How many cars do you see driving arround with 500HP stock? Hell how many cars do you own that have 500HP stock. Even better, how many 500HP 4-cylinder cars have you produced?

If by now you have'nt realized, 500HP is an extraordinary ammount of power to come from anything short of 8 cylinders. Anyone can obviously conclude that from your ignorant statements you're not very in-"tune" with the tuning world.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #69
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:

lol....... that ignorant comment really made me laugh. to make things even better, hardly anyone has been this successful with a KA24 engine up to this day, so 500hp on such an engine is a great achievement.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:59 AM   #70
57ock
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
If by now you have'nt realized, 500HP is an extraordinary ammount of power to come from anything short of 8 cylinders. Anyone can obviously conclude that from your ignorant statements you're not very in-"tune" with the tuning world.

Seriously.. man, your obtuse. KA24 this and that.. saw a bluebird with a KA24 on the dyno yesterday.. 126 fhp. bwahahahahahah that's a joke

As for the tuning world... Yes DSMer lame yankie tuning.. Yep. Come to Brisbane for APC dyno shoot next week.. There's a few sr20s, 4agze, Evos & wrx motors pumping out around 500hp @ fly one of them pumps out 750 hp @ all 4 wheels, Another 600hp. But yes, thats NOT in DSMer lame Yankie world of Tuning. Which is the BE ALL and END ALL of tuning..

Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 AM   #71
57ock
CF Addict

Oh damnnn sorry, thats right... I forgot DSLAMER.. 2ltr are crap for drag racing..
Old 02-06-2005, 04:41 AM   #72
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

So a SR20 puts 500 to the wheels? Wow! I never said it was'nt possible, so whats your point? I've seen steam engines with 1200BHP and gasoline burns. So what? How many of the 500HP SR20's belongs to you? How many of those acclaimed cars on the cover of that brochure are personally built or driven by you? Or are you just another person in the crowd drooling over someone elses accomplishments only hoping and wishing you could do the same? My vote goes with that one.

Anyone with the right ammount of money can make practically any engine do what they want to. So wheres your argument? Oh I have $60,000 I can build a super 2.0L drag racer? Well so can anyone else with the ability to order and pay people to install the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57cock
Oh damnnn sorry, thats right... I forgot DSLAMER.. 2ltr are crap for drag racing..

Nonsense, I would'nt be part of a 1.8L DSM community if I believed in such crap. Our engines have a lower displacement and members of the DSM community would kill any and every one of those 240's with KA's and or SR20's. So I think your broad assumption of me not liking lower displacement drag races wasn't very well thought out...

Old 02-06-2005, 04:46 AM   #73
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Seriously.. man, your obtuse. KA24 this and that.. saw a bluebird with a KA24 on the dyno yesterday.. 126 fhp. bwahahahahahah that's a joke

As for the tuning world... Yes DSMer lame yankie tuning.. Yep. Come to Brisbane for APC dyno shoot next week.. There's a few sr20s, 4agze, Evos & wrx motors pumping out around 500hp @ fly one of them pumps out 750 hp @ all 4 wheels, Another 600hp. But yes, thats NOT in DSMer lame Yankie world of Tuning. Which is the BE ALL and END ALL of tuning..

I might come along, to see what that girl looks like front on. I like promo babes At Underwood? I don't suppose they have an engine dyno I can test one of my motors on for free?
Old 02-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #74
mazdas_rule
CF Newbie

the sr20 motor is probly the best four cyclinder motor out there i mean why else would they do an motor swap to a 350z taking out its v6 and putting a sr20 in it.
mazdas_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:41 AM   #75
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdas_rule
the sr20 motor is probly the best four cyclinder motor out there i mean why else would they do an motor swap to a 350z taking out its v6 and putting a sr20 in it.

Correction the 4G63T is the best four cylinder engine. I could really care less as to the ranking placement of the SR20 as thats irrelivant. We all know its a great motor. I'm simply saying that if I have the adequate funds and a 240SX I'd be able to beat most SR20 240's comparably equipped in a drag race.