Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
oldindiansfan
CF Newbie

'06 audi a4 vs. '02 bmw 330Ci convertible

I'm having trouble deciding between a new a4 with the 3.2fsi and a certified pre owned bmw 330ci convertible (25000 miles). The pricing is roughly the same (that's as long as the new a4 isn't priced a lot higher than its predessesor). I like the exterior looks of the bm more but the audi has awd and i like its new interior looks. Any opinions are welcome.
oldindiansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 07:54 AM   #2
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldindiansfan
I'm having trouble deciding between a new a4 with the 3.2fsi and a certified pre owned bmw 330ci convertible (25000 miles). The pricing is roughly the same (that's as long as the new a4 isn't priced a lot higher than its predessesor). I like the exterior looks of the bm more but the audi has awd and i like its new interior looks. Any opinions are welcome.

my opionion is to get the A4 manual and install NOS in it!
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:52 AM   #3
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
my opionion is to get the A4 manual and install NOS in it!
Or he can get the A4 with OUT nos in it! I don't think this guy is looking for a half-ass retarded statement like that. Either give him practical advice or give him a reason WHY he should put nos in it!

Anyway, if the A4 is not a convertible, then you want to figure out if you would rather want an open top car or not. If you seriously don't care and you live some place sunny, the BMW sounds like a good deal. However, if you live where it snows, the hard roof and all-wheel drive will be a little more appealing.

Tell us more of what you're looking for in a car and we'll try to help you...
Old 02-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldindiansfan
So what you are looking at is the A4 3.0 Quattro. I would definately have to say it is if you want to have a convertible or not. When my dad and I went looking around for a convertible for him we looked at the 325Ci and the A4 Cab. The two were comperable because the 3.0 in the Cab had about as much as the 2.5 in the BMW. The 330, unless the 3.0 in the A4 is a new one from the 2002 A4, will have more hp than the A4. Also, you must consider the fact that convertibles drive differently than a full body. They have (usually) less stability on wet pavement, and the A4 will have Quattro, so the A4 will have better traction. (the traction statement is from my dads 2002 A4 Cab) Its up to you really.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #5
stinky2099
CF Newbie

GO with the A4

go with the A4 sure the 330ci a bmw converible but go with a soupped up A4 that can be loaded