Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #11
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
While I agree with your assesment of this idiot, you need to make sure you fight idiocy with facts, not more incorrect statements. There is no limit to street legal horsepower. I already know someone with a street legal 1200 hp Supra that does run 8s (Marko's car). I've seen numerous domestic musclecars with over 100 hp, as well. It's easier with them as if the car is older than 14 years, in most places there are no emissions rules for them. And in the places that DO have emissions rules, any car older than 1969 is exempt. But in some states (like Washington State, where I lived for 35 years) I could take a brand new Mustang and bolt in a 1968 SOHC 427 and no emissions equipment, and it would in fact be street legal. That's how I built my V8 RX7 with the '74 Ford 302, headers, dual echaust and a carb, in an '86 RX7 body.

In fact, this street legal (as is evidenced by the licence plates) Lincoln runs 7 second quarter miles on a 1500 hp big block Ford...

Now, about this guy's "supposed" 2000+ hp supercharged black Charger, I think he's been watching TF&TF too many times. It's become the equivalent of the "Eleanor" Shelby GT500 in the online lier's arsenals.

ok dumb f*ck i only watched 2f 2f twice so no i havent wached it to much.........i dont care if you dont believe me its not my loss
THEcarexpert is offline   Reply With Quote