Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
This is what goes on in our forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
VMJyogi, I like how you think outside the box, but now it's not really necessary, try to answer the question only in the context it was asked.
okay thanks for being cool about it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
I'll presume you mean a FWD car
Yes, i did mean FWD. You know how sometimes you think faster than you speak and end up running words together? Thats what i did typing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
I going to presume you mean the 5% slippage thats present in the torque converter. Now, to my knowledge, I believe that a transmission fluid runs through the torque converter as the RPMs raise, correct, so you shouldn't have that 5% slippage when you're accelerating. Am I right?
Yes you are most likely right. I never knew exactly where or how the 5% slippage came to be but now i am well informed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWHOBO
Just as a side note, what exactly does it mean to be the "Self-appointed anchorman of CF"? Is it just in your nature to type moronic things?

Yes, it is in my nature to type stupid things. Hey it's funny cause the movie was funny and i felt like doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWHOBO
While we're at it, what is there to be proud of being a dependent of the USMC? Are you unable to to stand on your own merits?
Well since i'm not rude. I'll simply state that DEP stands for Delayed Entry Program which means that i have enlisted for the Marine Corps and have not yet entered because i must first graduate high-school hence the term delayed entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWHOBO
Are you really that inane or are you just pretending to be an idiot? You sir are proof that stupid people shouldn't breed.
Yes i really am that uninformed (not stupid). But it is my charisma not my knowledge of cars or ability to yell at others that charms women. So unfortunately i will breed if that is god's intentions.

I wish for the day when i could learn from someone as intelligent as VWHOBO, not get bashed by him...Thank You Godlaus for teaching me about the torque converter.
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
blankity blank blank
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy

Last edited by VMJYogi : 03-16-2005 at 09:07 PM.
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
I could have gotten angry...I could have called him names for not knowing what DEP stands for... I'm not like that though. It's time for a change.


ummm.....Why did you make a thread for this?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
plenty of reasons that i dont want people to know about
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
plenty of reasons that i dont want people to know about

um...okay?

so, you posted this thread more for yourself than anybody else?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
Its just for people to see that we dont always deserve the bullshit we get
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #7
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Its just for people to see that we dont always deserve the bullshit we get

And sometimes you do.

The basic point is that if you don't want to get that sort of bullshit, then don't spew bullshit to start with.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:32 PM   #8
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 183
Gotta love when VWHOBO makes a mistake though...

Even though it isn't about cars he jumped to a conclusion and assumed that DEP to the USMC stood for dependant... Which in my eyes really doesn't make much sense anyways, but whatever. Just pointing out that some people don't know some things.... thus the reason we make mistakes, even those that may be well advanced in one subject (ie HOBO with vehicles.) Hooray for ignorance and the fact that it isn't a death sentence and it can always be over come with what we generally term education.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:02 PM   #9
maxlee
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Unhappy

i no im a newbie and not really part of this forum yet but would just like to say

if you put a group of people together then you always get one fall out
its how the world works
maxlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:17 PM   #10
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
...and there's always one that syas we should set aside our differences and all work together for the common good
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:35 PM   #11
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And sometimes you do.

The basic point is that if you don't want to get that sort of bullshit, then don't spew bullshit to start with.

i didn't post blatant bullshit just for the sake of doing so...i was just trying to hae a conversation with someone and said something that was incorrect. Correcting me would be a good course of action to talking shit. I much liked Godlaus' reaction then VW's. Wouldn't u have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Yeah Wally u r definately right
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #12
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
i didn't post blatant bullshit just for the sake of doing so...i was just trying to hae a conversation with someone and said something that was incorrect. Correcting me would be a good course of action to talking shit. I much liked Godlaus' reaction then VW's. Wouldn't u have?

Well, Hobo's point is that it doesn't take much effort to check your facts before posting, therefore anyone posting really blatantly incorrect stuff is an idiot AND lazy, so there isnt' much point in being nice.

Considering the fact that that it's been said many times to check your facts (the old Think, Type, Submit refrain), at this point anyone posting blatantly incorrect stuff is not only lazy and an idiot, but intentionally trying not to be correct, and is apparently ignoring the basic tenets of intelligent posting. Thuis he gives no breaks to people that have been here for more than a day and fail to do that rudimentary fact checking before posting.

And I tend to agree. Gentle correcting has rarely worked in teh past. Peple still argue about it, spew stupid crap, and fail to check their facts before posting. So why bother being nice about it? Even Godlaus has gotten tired of the BS and gone off on people who remain being stupid.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:10 PM   #13
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Well, Hobo's point is that it doesn't take much effort to check your facts before posting, therefore anyone posting really blatantly incorrect stuff is an idiot AND lazy, so there isnt' much point in being nice.

Considering the fact that that it's been said many times to check your facts (the old Think, Type, Submit refrain), at this point anyone posting blatantly incorrect stuff is not only lazy and an idiot, but intentionally trying not to be correct, and is apparently ignoring the basic tenets of intelligent posting. Thuis he gives no breaks to people that have been here for more than a day and fail to do that rudimentary fact checking before posting.

And I tend to agree. Gentle correcting has rarely worked in teh past. Peple still argue about it, spew stupid crap, and fail to check their facts before posting. So why bother being nice about it? Even Godlaus has gotten tired of the BS and gone off on people who remain being stupid.

Well it's not very easy to just get any information off the internet. It could take hours of searching to find info about some things online and i'm only online at school and cant spend that much time researching online. Plus it's much easier to post wrong information then easily get corrected as in the instance with the torque converter thing with Godlaus.

Now if you or whoever else thinks i'm stupid and doesn't have the energy to correct me then why spend so much energy talking shit? it took 3 sentences to explain the TC to me but 3 paragraphs to talk shit. Plus the other post by that one guy.

And besides the 5% automatic loss thing what else was outright incorrect? Maybe i should have put generally a RWD car loses more power then a FWD car. Maybe that was entirely incorrect...i dunno. Or perhaps i should have put Am I right? at the end of the paragraph to tell people that it was my best guesstimate. But i seriously doubt that even half of the things i said were wrong.

There is a big difference between me and WHat? or me and somebody who doesn't know what a drivetrain is or me and Carexpert. I am someone very interested in learning about cars. I dont know much i could admit to that i dont really give a shit about car heritage as i'm not interested in that but i do know the basics. And i continue to learn more and more just by reading what u guys type. I wouldn't argue wit u telling me i'm worng i'd appreciate it so dont think of me as some dumbass kid thats not willing to learn. But like you said...


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Considering the fact that that it's been said many times to check your facts (the old Think, Type, Submit refrain), at this point anyone posting blatantly incorrect stuff is not only lazy and an idiot, but intentionally trying not to be correct, and is apparently ignoring the basic tenets of intelligent posting.

in that case...You dumbass vwhobo! You are a complete jackass who is so intent on seeming superior that you fail to notice your great downsides you dumbass. Did your paretns lock you in the garage as a child? Maybe thats why you know so much about cars and so little about anything else. "dependant of the Marines" huh? Check your ****in facts nimrod. U obviously have internet access so why didn't you go to a Marine website to figure out the meaning of DEP or maybe I should have put it like this D.E.P. for you since you can't manage to figure shit out. But you miraculously jumped to dependant... How stupid is that. Hey u know about cars i'll give you that but not shit else. Hey i'd love to have an online mentor such as yourself, but hey you're an asshole so **** you! I'll still look up to ChrisV and the others as guides though cause i do have respect for those who deserve it. And they've earned the right to even cuss me out so long as they remember that i'm not stupid cause i wanna be but cause i just dont know everything. Could you dance? cause i was already in 4 different dance groups. Could you play basketball or football cause i won championships. do you regularly exercise cause i workout 2 hours every other day and run at least 40minutes daily. Do you know how to diet? Do you even know the definition? cause not all diets are to lose weight. Do you know about drugs cause i could make crack out of cocaine and hemp and alot of other shit. are you smart about anything but cars cause i was in the Adapt-a-bulls program and the Gap program in middle school and then moved to CSP in high school. And hey i'm not even the smartest in the family! My brother was given 3 opportunities to skip grades! but then he dropped out...hehe. Dumb****!

The point is being a ****in bitch wit a dildo up ur ass doesn't help others around you. I'd much rather be a role model than a bully. and maybe when i learn more about cars i'll be the one who people ask for advice. but i doubt it cause imma crazy motha ****er and i'll prolly be dead before i'm old enough to know so much. But life is too short to spend time being angry so sorry for the temper tantrum... i might not be a nobel prize winner in the waiting but i was raised by a hispanic mother. And she raised me to respect my elders and to have proper manners.

So what i know is best about me is the fact that though i believe my point is right i can still apologize for saying things that should not have been said. Even though i was provoked i can be a bigger man about shit. So sorry for the attitude and i'm moving on with shit. **** it, let's blow and go **** nigga!
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:48 PM   #14
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Well it's not very easy to just get any information off the internet. It could take hours of searching to find info about some things online and i'm only online at school and cant spend that much time researching online. Plus it's much easier to post wrong information then easily get corrected as in the instance with the torque converter thing with Godlaus.

And it's even easier to NOT post if you know you're wrong. How hard is this concept?

Quote:
Now if you or whoever else thinks i'm stupid and doesn't have the energy to correct me then why spend so much energy talking shit? it took 3 sentences to explain the TC to me but 3 paragraphs to talk shit. Plus the other post by that one guy.

Guess what? I can do BOTH. Why spend so much energy defending being an ignorant little whiny ass? Why is it so important to you to BE ignorant and stupid? if you CHOOSE to remnain ignorant, then you deserve every bit of shit you get.


Quote:
The point is being a ****in bitch wit a dildo up ur ass doesn't help others around you. I'd much rather be a role model than a bully. and maybe when i learn more about cars i'll be the one who people ask for advice. but i doubt it cause imma crazy motha ****er and i'll prolly be dead before i'm old enough to know so much. But life is too short to spend time being angry so sorry for the temper tantrum... i might not be a nobel prize winner in the waiting but i was raised by a hispanic mother. And she raised me to respect my elders and to have proper manners.

And yet you think it's more important to be able to mouth off, post incorrect shit, and whine about being trated poorly. You realize that what happens to you is a response to your attitude, and doesnt' ahppen out of the blue. if you walk around with a chip on your shoulder and think it's appropreite to post whatever you want regardless of fact or manners, then you shoud expect to be treated in that manner.

I'm constantly amazed by how shocked people like you are that you get treated the way you do, after seeing how you treat the world to start with.

Quote:
So what i know is best about me is the fact that though i believe my point is right i can still apologize for saying things that should not have been said. Even though i was provoked i can be a bigger man about shit. So sorry for the attitude and i'm moving on with shit. **** it, let's blow and go **** nigga!

All we are concerned with is the reasons you have for provoking it, and why you think it was appropriate to do. You wouldn't have anything to apologise for if you didn't start shit to start with. And you'd also find that we woudn't treat you poorly if you weren't starting shit. I mean, look at all the people who live to start shit that we already have to deal with.

So just kick back, check facts before responding to someone, and ask questions intelligently. You'll get treated much better.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:18 PM   #15
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Cripes some people really arc up don't they
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.