Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2005, 02:56 AM   #1
Zepplin89
CF Newbie

'88 nova from my uncle.

I have a 1988 Nova with 126000 mile on it. It runs well, but i am bored with stock. I have considered doing something to it, but I am stuckin the no-mans land of ignorance. does anyone have any idea what will add the most power for the cheapest. I am 15 and have no job, so doing anything major is out of the question. I only have this car because my uncle's fiance made him get rid of it. Like i said it is stock with 126 000 miles on it, automatic, and has been sitting in abarn for 1 1/2 years.
Zepplin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:22 AM   #2
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepplin89
I have a 1988 Nova with 126000 mile on it. It runs well, but i am bored with stock. I have considered doing something to it, but I am stuckin the no-mans land of ignorance. does anyone have any idea what will add the most power for the cheapest. I am 15 and have no job, so doing anything major is out of the question. I only have this car because my uncle's fiance made him get rid of it. Like i said it is stock with 126 000 miles on it, automatic, and has been sitting in abarn for 1 1/2 years.

make it breath a bit better by looking at the intake pipe and exhaust piping. No need for fancy filters, just concentrate on the piping and the whether the filter box would benefit from a bigger intake, for instance.

Aftermarket ECUs can really bring out some extra ponies on many stock engines.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Zepplin89
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
make it breath a bit better by looking at the intake pipe and exhaust piping. No need for fancy filters, just concentrate on the piping and the whether the filter box would benefit from a bigger intake, for instance.

Aftermarket ECUs can really bring out some extra ponies on many stock engines.
i have no money for an ecu , but i will take a look at the pipes and maybe new ones. i know my exhaust is 1 3/4, which is really small, but i do have a straight thru muffler. Mommy says i need a catylitic converter, but am thinking of chopping it off any way. good thing is i have plenty of time to decide because i get my licnse in august

It has 2 inch pipes, but they're shit.

yummy

Last edited by Zepplin89 : 04-07-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Zepplin89 is offline   Reply With Quote