Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2005, 12:58 AM   #16
xCaMaRox67
CF Newbie

i just can't stand the sound of an import going 20 miles an hour, and it sounding like its going 100, i would choose to ride a bike then drive an import sorry thats just my opinion
xCaMaRox67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:07 AM   #17
fc7gtx
CF Newbie

Quote:
4 banger or muscle car which is better

I own both, one gets me to work and one gets me to the track. The one that gets me to work would suck at the track and the one that goes to the track sucks driving to work so they both have their good points. Anyway we are talking Apples & Oranges...

Whatever you can afford or whatever you what to drive is better for that person. This better crap is just S**t stirring if you ask me. Drive what you want and who cares what the rest say.

I haven't seen to many 50 year old Ricers and I also haven't seen a lot of 16 year old muscle car drivers so its more about 'the generation' and 'the times' then about whats better.

Last edited by fc7gtx : 03-28-2005 at 02:10 AM.
fc7gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #18
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

I have a rwd v-8 car because I enjoy the power, but it also makes sense for me because I live 15mins from Atco Raceway. The nearest road course is in Englishtown and I can't possibly forsee driving any car that far to flog it on a road course then drive home...plus road racing is more expensive than just heading down to the drags every now and then.

The sound of a 4-banger at 6500rpm just screams "come and get me", whether it's a nearby cop or a late-model ninja f-body. I hate this new age "ricer" business...it's not so much the cars I hate rather than the people. I've spent some time behind an early-90's 240sx and it was a fun car...no it wasn't a rocket but it was sure-footed, even on the skinny stock tires. I don't mind if people want to make a show car out of these little imports...that I can appreciate, especially when it's packed with trick one-off pieces that the owner spent days working on...but don't pack your civic with 500lbs of audio equipment, 20" spinners, fart can mufflers, and aluminum pic-nic tables and then try to pull up on me like a hardass....people like that are a waste of a human body.

And that's my rant.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #19
xCaMaRox67
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick88Tbird
but don't pack your civic with 500lbs of audio equipment, 20" spinners, fart can mufflers, and aluminum pic-nic tables and then try to pull up on me like a hardass....people like that are a waste of a human body.

And that's my rant.

Thats great, i feel the same way!!!
xCaMaRox67 is offline   Reply With Quote