Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2005, 07:55 PM   #1
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
What if......

...We put in an anti-flaming rule? I've seen it on other forums, and it seems to work. So, why don't we? Are all of our flames deserved?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline  
Old 03-31-2005, 08:08 PM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech
 
osborste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
...We put in an anti-flaming rule? I've seen it on other forums, and it seems to work. So, why don't we? Are all of our flames deserved?
if i'm wrong on info i would like to hear about it but the bull$#!? can be left out we all make mistake's
__________________

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline  
Old 03-31-2005, 11:59 PM   #3
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
If there is a flame thread, I usually just stop reading.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 12:46 AM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
I have a suggestion. Find out why the f*ck Adam isn't around.


BTW, without flaming, alot of people here wouldn't feel special and powerful any longer.
DodgeRida67 is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #5
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
I have a suggestion. Find out why the f*ck Adam isn't around.

he's busy:

__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 01:48 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
...We put in an anti-flaming rule? I've seen it on other forums, and it seems to work. So, why don't we? Are all of our flames deserved?
Basically the answer lies in something you yourself have told people before. This is the way the forum was long before you joined. If you don't like it, don't participate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DildoRida67
BTW, without flaming, alot of people here wouldn't feel special and powerful any longer.
Pot, kettle, black. Hypocrite. You have done as much flaming as anyone on this forum. You have done more character assassination than any other member. Maybe that's why the word "ass" is in there twice.


Bottom line kiddies, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 02:02 AM   #7
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Bottom line kiddies, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
That's exactly why you left for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You have done more character assassination than any other member. Maybe that's why the word "ass" is in there twice.

Or maybe that's how you spell the word.

Come on. Let's end this about your little copy and paste job off of Car Craft. Let's skip over the excuses and answer my questions in short form definitively.

Everyone knows the answer to question #1. Did the artical that you supposedly wrote match Car Craft's artical? Yes or No answer.

I don't expect a yes or no answer, I'm sure you can't answer yes or no without posting alot of bullsh*t in defense. you're guilty of character assassination. Not me. I'm simply telling it like it is.
DodgeRida67 is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 02:20 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DildoRida67
That's exactly why you left for awhile.


Or maybe that's how you spell the word.

Come on. Let's end this about your little copy and paste job off of Car Craft. Let's skip over the excuses and answer my questions in short form definitively.

Everyone knows the answer to question #1. Did the artical that you supposedly wrote match Car Craft's artical? Yes or No answer.

I don't expect a yes or no answer, I'm sure you can't answer yes or no without posting alot of bullsh*t in defense. you're guilty of character assassination. Not me. I'm simply telling it like it is.
No. Is that simple enough for you? What's the next question ass cheese?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #9
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
No. Is that simple enough for you? What's the next question ass cheese?
You're saying that artical didn't match this http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/868/

That is an all out, 100% blunt-faced, firey lie right out of hell. You, myself, and everyone who read your artical knows it. I didn't expect you to lie flat out. I expected a dance from you. You are alot worse than I first thought.
DodgeRida67 is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 02:37 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
You're saying that artical didn't match this http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/868/

That is an all out, 100% blunt-faced, firey lie right out of hell. You, myself, and everyone who read your artical knows it. I didn't expect you to lie flat out. I expected a dance from you. You are alot worse than I first thought.
You don't like the answer... so you attempt to assassinate my character again. You asked a question, you don't like the answer because you've been "out to get me" for months now and I should care because of... why? There is no doubt in my mind that information contained in that article and the one I wrote is parallel and in some cases identical. Let's face it twinkie, there's only so many ways to say that two plus two equals four and I never said that I was a literary genius.

Always keep in mind that you are the one who came to this forum PRETENDING to be something and somebody you're not and you're a hypocrite (see posts above) as well. If you have an axe to grind, by all means go ahead. Grind it right up your ass. Have a nice day and go take your whine somewhere that they care about it.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 02:43 AM   #11
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You don't like the answer... so you attempt to assassinate my character again. You asked a question, you don't like the answer because you've been "out to get me" for months now and I should care because of... why?
You're right. I don't like lies as answers. I won't take lies for answer either. Always keep that in mind.



Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
There is no doubt in my mind that information contained in that article and the one I wrote is parallel and in some cases identical. Let's face it twinkie, there's only so many ways to say that two plus two equals four and I never said that I was a literary genius.
I believe you just said "no" earlier to
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Did the artical that you supposedly wrote match Car Craft's artical?

Hmm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
No.

Yes! You did say that. You are full of crap.



Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Always keep in mind that you are the one who came to this forum PRETENDING to be something and somebody you're not and you're a hypocrite (see posts above) as well.
As well. Magic word. You'll come around. The truth always (that is a-l-w-a-y-s, look it up) comes out sooner or later. Hopefully in this case it'll be sooner.
DodgeRida67 is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 02:58 AM   #12
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
OK - I'll make it a little easier for you. I'll say MAYBE it wasn't from Car Craft. Maybe you're not telling the truth on that technicality. Maybe you copied from somewhere else where they had copied from Car Craft. Either way, it matches theirs, it's theirs, and you copied and pasted it and called it your own. This last sentence is 100% true. What you say makes 0 difference. I know it's true, the truth is all that matters. Say all the bull you want, the floor is yours. Have a nice one. 'Night.
DodgeRida67 is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 03:04 AM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
You're right. I don't like lies as answers. I won't take lies for answer either. Always keep that in mind.

I believe you just said "no" earlier to

Hmm..

Yes! You did say that. You are full of crap.

As well. Magic word. You'll come around. The truth always (that is a-l-w-a-y-s, look it up) comes out sooner or later. Hopefully in this case it'll be sooner.
Wow, you're so smart. You got me to admit that the information contained im my post(s) wasn't something that I figured out all by myself. You got me to admit that the information I compiled was based in other peoples experiences over the last 100 years or so and wasn't 100% original. Guess what butt boy, I've already said that months ago, and let's face it. If you really think that I figured out everything there is to know about engines all by myself you're giving me way too much credit. I'm simply not that smart. Yesterday I gave specs on allowable head warpage. Do you think I figured that out myself or learned it from someone else? The answer is B.

How much of the information in the article in CC do you think was 100% original, figured out soley by John Baechtel? Have you written a nasty letter to CC complaining about his originality? I bet not. When you piss in the toilet instead of on the floor are you accused of stealing someone else's knowledge or work? No, you're using knowledge that someone passed along to you. You really seem to have issues that need some form of resolution. If you want to appear as if you know as much about cars as I do, here's a suggestion. Go out and spend 40 or so years of your life working and studying and learning like I have. It's not as easy as playing your little Lord of the Rings game, but it's alot more satisfying.

I find it funny that you're the one to bring up the concept of "alot of people here wouldn't feel special and powerful" on this forum when that is so obviously your trip. Go along and have your little fun. You and your little pre-pubescent freinds have a good time at my expense, I don't care. You will still be insignificant to me and all the other adults.

Have a wonderful day. Your daddy.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 05:47 AM   #14
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
The Irony of all this is killing me

Quote:
Basically the answer lies in something you yourself have told people before. This is the way the forum was long before you joined. If you don't like it, don't participate.

yes, I know, but isn't it time for a change? I like this forum out of all the others that I visit, and I'd like to see it be more of a 'positive' environment. 90% of our flaming is avoidable, and I'm sure that an enforced anti-excessive-flaming rule would help.

Quote:
Come on. Let's end this about your little copy and paste job off of Car Craft.

This is what I mean, this flame is completely avoidable, but DR brought it up anyway. Who cares? Even if he did C&P, he did it to try and teach us something. Try to look at the meaning of the action instead of the action. Claiming it to be his writing may be considered a little out of line (but apparently, vwhobo claims that he wrote the original, and carcraft copied him), but it's being blown out of porportion.

Can't we all get along?

Quote:
he's busy:

lol. So much so that he can't spend 5 minutes of his life to post on a forum he created? A father of a baby likes to atleast see his kid once a year.
he's here somewhere............
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline  
Old 04-01-2005, 12:59 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
yes, I know, but isn't it time for a change?
No!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Claiming it to be his writing may be considered a little out of line (but apparently, vwhobo claims that he wrote the original, and carcraft copied him), but it's being blown out of porportion.
I would prefer an anti-bullshit rule for the forum. Please direct me to where I either stated or implied that "vwhobo claims that he wrote the original, and carcraft copied him". Now because of that one ignorant statement of yours, all the little pinheads will read it and take it as gospel even though I wasn't the one who said it. If people stuck to the facts there would be at least 50% less reason to flame. You are part of the problem, not the part of the solution.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.