Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2003, 04:07 AM   #31
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
as you can see, it needs some work, and a washing, but that shouldnt be to hard

Let me give you some unsolicited advise about the car you're looking at. First off it's a mid '80's 3-series, US spec, probably a 318I, based on what looks to me like drum brakes in the rear. If you say it's an '85 I believe you.

Now for the important part. I can see the base sticker on the windshield and know where you're located at so I can safely say it belongs or belonged to a GI who brought it back from Germany. I can assure you this car has been run hard and put away wet it's entire life, trust me I know. Because of that it'll cost you more to repair and maintain long term than if you buy one in good shape for a little more from a local owner. Unless it's free pass on the deal.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:08 AM   #32
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Hey,it's a 3 series!!!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:09 AM   #33
vwmaniac
CF Addict

nevermind.Vwhobo already clarified that.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:20 AM   #34
Unfedfat
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Now for the important part. I can see the base sticker on the windshield and know where you're located at so I can safely say it belongs or belonged to a GI who brought it back from Germany.

talk about "paying attention to details"......... hehe nice catch
Unfedfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:23 AM   #35
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfedfat
Quote:
Now for the important part. I can see the base sticker on the windshield and know where you're located at so I can safely say it belongs or belonged to a GI who brought it back from Germany.

talk about "paying attention to details"......... hehe nice catch

Unfortunately I tend to cause trouble because I pay too close of attention.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-03-2003, 04:26 AM   #36
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
Quote:

Let me give you some unsolicited advise about the car you're looking at. First off it's a mid '80's 3-series, US spec, probably a 318I, based on what looks to me like drum brakes in the rear. If you say it's an '85 I believe you.

Now for the important part. I can see the base sticker on the windshield and know where you're located at so I can safely say it belongs or belonged to a GI who brought it back from Germany. I can assure you this car has been run hard and put away wet it's entire life, trust me I know. Because of that it'll cost you more to repair and maintain long term than if you buy one in good shape for a little more from a local owner. Unless it's free pass on the deal.

the things i know about it, is that its actually all wheel disc brakes. hes not a gi, he works for the local newspaper company and he makes deliveriesto the base. he bought it in germany and imported it over here (the guy likes haveing cars) and most all the internals on it are new, new tranny, clutch, and axel. and the ngine is clean, ive seen it. it runs great, ive test driven it and everything. the only problem of the story is that i never asked him what model it was, just assuming it was a 3 series. (smart move eh?) but yeh, thanks for helpin me find out what it is
mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:30 AM   #37
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the things i know about it, is that its actually all wheel disc brakes. hes not a gi, he works for the local newspaper company and he makes deliveriesto the base. he bought it in germany and imported it over here (the guy likes haveing cars) and most all the internals on it are new, new tranny, clutch, and axel. and the ngine is clean, ive seen it. it runs great, ive test driven it and everything. the only problem of the story is that i never asked him what model it was, just assuming it was a 3 series. (smart move eh?) but yeh, thanks for helpin me find out what it is

Where exactly would a newspaper delivery guy get an 18 year old US spec BMW from in Germany? Nevermind, I have a nice tall needle looking building in Seattle for sale, cheap.

Old 11-03-2003, 04:31 AM   #38
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

hurhurhur... he said he bought it there, ive known him for a while and hes always been a pretty honest guy (parents' friend)

and hes not exactly a "dilivery guy" he takes the newspaper vending machine things down there...and its not half bad pay
Old 11-03-2003, 04:33 AM   #39
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
hurhurhur... he said he bought it there, ive known him for a while and hes always been a pretty honest guy (parents' friend)

I'll assume you mean he bought it when he lived there. What exactly was his occupation?

Old 11-03-2003, 04:35 AM   #40
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i edited a part of my last post, but thats his occupation... but anyways... no, he didnt live there, he, i guess knows someone from there, and had them buy it, he paid them back, then had it imported over
Old 11-03-2003, 04:39 AM   #41
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
i edited a part of my last post, but thats his occupation... but anyways... no, he didnt live there, he, i guess knows someone from there, and had them buy it, he paid them back, then had it imported over

It's still US spec, look at the bumpers. That almost certainly (99.99%)means it belonged to a GI at one time. My opinion stands.

Old 11-03-2003, 04:45 AM   #42
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

ok, thats all fine by me, im not tryin to start a stupid argument... and an opinion is an opinion, its all well and fine
Old 11-03-2003, 04:47 PM   #43
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

I like the one driving light...

I don't care for the square look...but I'm sure the rest of it must be ok.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:58 PM   #44
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

BW's mention of the custom single driving light reminded me of this. That appears to be a Zender grille conversion and body kit. If so it's very high quality stuff (fact) but kinda ugly (opinion).