Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
drummer1966
CF Newbie

Question 00 Saturn SL -Code 341 but NO Cam Pos Sensor. Now What..?

00 Saturn SL- Code 341 but NO Cam Pos Sensor. Now What...?
Hi. Well my 2000 Saturn SL has 122,000 miles. Shortly after I bought it 3 weeks ago the "Service Engine Soon" light came on and has remained on.

I did an oil change, new Bosch plugs (the expensive ones) & wires thinking this would help but it didn't, not the light anyway.

After finding a Haynes manual and reading up a bit I purchased a code reader thinking it would be my crystal ball. It shows the mysterious 341 code & a pending 341 code; "Camshaft Position Sensor A - Bank 1 CKT Range/Perf".

My manual makes no reference to any Camshaft Sensor or I would've replaced it days ago.

The only thing I notice performance wise is when it's idling, it feels like it's missing here & there... that studder thing. I suspect it's effecting gas mileage/performance but not sure because it's been this way since the day after I bought it. Seems to run good though considering...

Can someone please clue me in on what to do now...?

Thank you...

p.s. There is NO Camshaft Position Sensor on my engine, I've figured that much out. Now will someone who also knows that tell me why & how to fix what's causing the 341 code...?

Last edited by drummer1966 : 04-18-2005 at 01:39 AM.
drummer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer1966
Hi. Well my 2000 Saturn SL has 122,000 miles. Shortly after I bought it 3 weeks ago the "Service Engine Soon" light came on and has remained on.

I did an oil change, new Bosch plugs (the expensive ones) & wires thinking this would help but it didn't, not the light anyway.

After finding a Haynes manual and reading up a bit I purchased a code reader thinking it would be my crystal ball. It shows the mysterious 341 code & a pending 341 code; "Camshaft Position Sensor A - Bank 1 CKT Range/Perf".

My manual makes no reference to any Camshaft Sensor or I would've replaced it days ago.

The only thing I notice performance wise is when it's idling, it feels like it's missing here & there... that studder thing. I suspect it's effecting gas mileage/performance but not sure because it's been this way since the day after I bought it. Seems to run good though considering...

Can someone please clue me in on what to do now...?

Thank you...

you code 0341 has to do with your cam shaft sensor your computer use's the signal from the sensor as well as the crankshaft sensor to adjust fuel injection timing and engine timing you are likely getting this code because the cam sensor is failing and needs to be replaced use the manual if you fell comfortable and test the cam sensor or take it in to your favorite shop and let them test it

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I know this thread is ancient, but for anyone who has the misfortune to read the reply, don't waste your time. The car doen't have a Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP). Sorry.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
boobookittynca
CF Newbie

same thing happened to me with my 92 saturn sl. it ended up being a perch sylinoid.it needs to be put on a diagnostic machine to find out the code then taken to a shop.
boobookittynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
carls47807
CF Freak

july 2007 called, they want their post back.
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls47807
july 2007 called, they want their post back.
I like that, lol....But where did you get July 2007 from?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #7
carls47807
CF Freak

oops, that would be june.
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 AM   #8
stylesp
CF Newbie

eh to clear it up even though its old its a eds module underneath the coil packs
stylesp is offline   Reply With Quote