Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
CarQuest
CF Newbie

1923 Dodge Tourer 7,420 orginal miles. Value?

Hi,

I am completely new to the car market of this vintage. Online searches have been to no avail. I am considering a purchase of a 1923 Dodge Tourer with 7,420 original miles on it, from its second owner. Garage all its life. A wooden frame is broken. It was running two years ago and now needs minor work on water and fuel pumps. It appears to have all original parts, even original bulbs. I am trying to avoid paying too much.

Anyone have a ball park idea of how much such a vehicle may be worth?

Thanks!
CarQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
svdiablo979
CF Newbie

hmmm.

you have to realize that in the twenties, cars rarely made it past 50k. and anything that old is going to run rough and be slow but im sure you know that already.. in perfect shape it would be worth probly around $15-35k but in the shape your talking about i woulnt pay very much at all especially since it's going to be VERY hard to find parts for it.. im guessing your local Auto-zone isnt going to carry parts for a 1920's car.. but you never know
svdiablo979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

When they are that old and in need of TLC, it comes down to what you are willing to pay for it and what they are willing to get rid of it for.

Not a lot of info out there on the value of these cars. You could check Hemmings at.....Hemmings

Here is on ad I found with a simple Google search...Ad for 1924 Tourer
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:07 AM   #4
corbett_auto
CF Addict

The demand for cars this old is very low. And as mentioned before it is just a matter of how bad you want it. Keep in mind that restoration on these car can be very expensive and time consuming.

The biggest question is, do you like it? and do you want THAT car or one that looks like That car?

It will be cheaper to buy a restored car than restore that one. It all depends on you. What do you want more the joy of restoring it or the joy of owning a 1923 Dodge?

Hope this helps.