Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
enzo#2
CF Addict

What to do?

you guys (and girls) have probably heard me talk about trading my '01 r6 for an '04 r6. now i'm having second thoughts. it occured to me that if i want a better bike then maybe i should just get some aftermarket parts for the r6 i have now. any second opinions on the the new bike or suggestions on parts for the old one would be a nice touch. it truly is a tough decision.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:26 AM   #2
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

For one, I think the '01 is carbed whereas the '04 is FI. I would probably just keep the '01. The '04 would be nice, but there is not that big of a difference between the two. I would go with some aftermarket parts like steel braided brake lines, air intake, full exhaust and maybe a sprocket conversion (gear-down).
Old 05-14-2005, 03:55 AM   #3
enzo#2
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
For one, I think the '01 is carbed whereas the '04 is FI. I would probably just keep the '01. The '04 would be nice, but there is not that big of a difference between the two. I would go with some aftermarket parts like steel braided brake lines, air intake, full exhaust and maybe a sprocket conversion (gear-down).
thanks buddy.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:11 AM   #4
enzo#2
CF Addict

by the way in one of my old threads you said you were going to get a streetbike at the end of the summer so if you ever need any opinions or anything just ask. also do you have a bike now?
Old 05-17-2005, 07:30 AM   #5
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo#2
by the way in one of my old threads you said you were going to get a streetbike at the end of the summer so if you ever need any opinions or anything just ask. also do you have a bike now?

I don't have one now but I will be buying one if funds allow at the end of summer, or I may wait until spring of next year because winter around here is rainy and that's not much fun on a motorcycle. It's bearable and safer on a bicycle, which I ride now.

I have a question about your R6. I'm 6'3" and I was wondering about the ergonomics. How tall are you and how comfortable are you? On long rides, how often do you usually stop to stretch/rest? Ever had a passenger? How was it?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
enzo#2
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
I don't have one now but I will be buying one if funds allow at the end of summer, or I may wait until spring of next year because winter around here is rainy and that's not much fun on a motorcycle. It's bearable and safer on a bicycle, which I ride now.

I have a question about your R6. I'm 6'3" and I was wondering about the ergonomics. How tall are you and how comfortable are you? On long rides, how often do you usually stop to stretch/rest? Ever had a passenger? How was it?
i'm 6'2" and the bike feels fairly comfortable. i haven't been on many long rides, so i don't usually stop to rest very often. and i had a passenger one time, but it was just my nephew and we only road down the block and back.