Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
Sankeni

Starion Computer

:?: I have an '84 Mitsubishi Starion with the turbo 2.6 4 cyl. My mechanic says the computer ground is shot. Does any one know where to find a used one and what do you look for with one of these? Also, will a computer from another type of vehicle cross over for this car?
Old 11-30-2002, 03:24 PM   #2
ilusha2

What is a "computer ground"? I don't know about cars, but it probably isn't recommended to replace a computer in a car, they're probably made specifically for each model, based on its brakes, parts, etc. The computers are made to "control" the car, so another computer will not do it properly, I guess unless it's from the same model. If it doesn't control it properly, you can get in an accident very easily. Oh yeah, you might want to look at a junk yard.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:06 AM   #3
crash8168
CF Newbie

Re: Starion Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankeni
:?: I have an '84 Mitsubishi Starion with the turbo 2.6 4 cyl. My mechanic says the computer ground is shot. Does any one know where to find a used one and what do you look for with one of these? Also, will a computer from another type of vehicle cross over for this car?
If the computer is bad you can use one from a Plymouth conquest also it was the same car.
crash8168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:53 PM   #4
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

if you want, you could get an aftermarket one that would work, and it would also bump up the hp a little
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote