Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
Car_Nut723
CF Newbie

Who hates the new Charger?

I loved the '69 Charger but those says have passed now.
Car_Nut723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

I would like it more if they made a coupe
Old 06-21-2005, 01:23 AM   #3
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Nut723
I loved the '69 Charger but those says have passed now.
I agree with you in a sense. The 1969 Charger is my dream car with the 1968 Charger close behind. This new Charger shares nothing with the original except the name and a 'Hemi'. Ford seemed to have put more effort into the new Mustang then Dodge did into the new Charger.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:26 AM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
I agree with you in a sense. The 1969 Charger is my dream car with the 1968 Charger close behind. This new Charger shares nothing with the original except the name and a 'Hemi'. Ford seemed to have put more effort into the new Mustang then Dodge did into the new Charger.

They tried to make it more of a drivable car than a hard ass performance car like they did in the 60's
Old 06-21-2005, 06:24 AM   #5
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Umm, considering I didn't grow up with chargers...

I got to see the Charger R/T at the dealership the other day, and it actually doesn't look to bad as a sedan. I'm going back for a test drive next week(it comes out of the showroom).

But, I don't really mind the new one, something had to change from the 60's to the 2000's... Hell, even look at the mustang, it isn't totally like the ones from the 60's.

What did you honestly expect?

OH SHIT YEAH! I FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!

I was talking to my guy down at the dealership the other day, and apparently a charger coupe is in the works, along with the CHALLENGER in the next few years
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Umm, considering I didn't grow up with chargers...

I got to see the Charger R/T at the dealership the other day, and it actually doesn't look to bad as a sedan. I'm going back for a test drive next week(it comes out of the showroom).

But, I don't really mind the new one, something had to change from the 60's to the 2000's... Hell, even look at the mustang, it isn't totally like the ones from the 60's.

What did you honestly expect?

OH SHIT YEAH! I FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!

I was talking to my guy down at the dealership the other day, and apparently a charger coupe is in the works, along with the CHALLENGER in the next few years

it actually does look extremely bad for a sedan. Sedans do not have to necessarily be ugly- look at the new bmw's or mercedes or lexus or infinitis or acuras. They tried to remake an icon and they didnt even get the number of doors right. hahahahah. THe charger is a coupe and always will be. THey should name this new one the "cheaper" or the "ch-american cars suck"
Jay-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:02 AM   #7
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89

So, you must be a car aficionado- i hunk of junk redneck cnfederate yee-haw muscle car is your "dream car" why dont you be creative and pick something liek a pagani or a lamborghini miura. I mean, cmon, a charger, lol. You should not be able to speak in any forums mr. 15 yr old
Jay-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #8
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
So, you must be a car aficionado- i hunk of junk redneck cnfederate yee-haw muscle car is your "dream car" I mean, cmon, a charger, lol. You should not be able to speak in any forums mr. 15 yr old

just STFU Jay-G. i understand that everyone has a right to an opinion, but for your information-- that includes carcrazy89. all you do is spew poorly typed, idiotic, random negativity--so YOU should not be permitted to speak in a forum. at least cc89 tries to contribute to the topic w/ more intelligent responses than "that sucks", "i hate that", and "you should like exotic european cars like my yugo-driving ass does". just f*cking stop attacking people for no reason, jackass!

Quote:
why dont you be creative and pick something liek a pagani or a lamborghini miura. I mean, cmon, a charger.

because that's NOT creative. if you're talking about a popularity contest, i'm sure that your "exotic european car" would probably win based on all the 13 year old kids on the planet that go by looks rather than performance. so i think he is being more creative than a lot of people that go w/ an exotic or the typical "camaro", "mustang", "viper" as their favorite car...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #9
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
So, you must be a car aficionado- i hunk of junk redneck cnfederate yee-haw muscle car is your "dream car" why dont you be creative and pick something liek a pagani or a lamborghini miura. I mean, cmon, a charger, lol. You should not be able to speak in any forums mr. 15 yr old

Why did you even come to these forums you dickweed, first of all he can't be a redneck because he is Canadian and you can't judge people by their cars. Secondly it doesn't matter the age of the person, some people come to learn some people come to help and some people come here just to flame and see what happens. You on the other hand are pissing me off more than anybody else has in the past.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Why did you even come to these forums you dickweed, first of all he can't be a redneck because he is Canadian and you can't judge people by their cars. Secondly it doesn't matter the age of the person, some people come to learn some people come to help and some people come here just to flame and see what happens. You on the other hand are pissing me off more than anybody else has in the past.

lol dickweed.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #11
FordFromHell351
Banned

I dont by any means hate it. I would just like to see a 2 door version of it and maybe a more agressive front end.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #12
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
I dont by any means hate it. I would just like to see a 2 door version of it and maybe a more agressive front end.

Like I said, its quite possible...I can't wait
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:13 PM   #13
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Personally, I like the new Charger. And when people get all upset about the way it looks, I remind them that there have been five separate Charger generations/body styles in production, and that they didn't look like the previous versions. The LAST Charger was even FWD!

And dont' forget the small Chargers from Brazil that were rebadged Darts:

The Aussie charger was a rebadged Valiant with a 6 cyl (a very cool 6 cyl, however!)

The new Charger is simply the latest Dodge performance car. And it outperforms every older Charger with the exception of the Hemi and certain Big Block cars of the '60s. And even then, only their drag race performance betters the new one (and only slightly at that).

Yes, it now has 4 doors. That's because in the decades since the last RWD charger appeared (nearly 30 years ago), performance 4 door sedans have become not only accepted, but often more desireable, due to being more useable when NOT using the performance.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #14
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

Grow up, assclown.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #15
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
it actually does look extremely bad for a sedan. Sedans do not have to necessarily be ugly- look at the new bmw's or mercedes or lexus or infinitis or acuras. They tried to remake an icon and they didnt even get the number of doors right. hahahahah. THe charger is a coupe and always will be. THey should name this new one the "cheaper" or the "ch-american cars suck"

You just can't quit can you