Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2006, 02:31 AM   #16
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I knew there was a reason I was ignoring this guy...

I want to see a picture of a '65 Camaro, convertible or not.


Yeah, I figured out he was an idiot...he spelled "favourite" wrong ...And what's wrong with the 65 Camaro?...Was that like an ugly model year or something? JK
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Yeah, I figured out he was an idiot...he spelled "favourite" wrong ...And what's wrong with the 65 Camaro?...Was that like an ugly model year or something? JK
Hey, do you Canadians spell like us Brits, too?....as the Yanks would say "Favorite" hehe
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #18
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Hey, do you Canadians spell like us Brits, too?....as the Yanks would say "Favorite" hehe
Yep, favourite, colour, etc, and so on
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Yep, favourite, colour, etc, and so on
Wow....that's so cool....you're so near to the US, and yet soooo far lol....and what about woulds that should so blatently contain an 's' rather than a 'z'?......Like colour....Oh crap.....got that wrong....I mean, like realise, personalise or accessorise?...
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #20
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Wow....that's so cool....you're so near to the US, and yet soooo far lol....and what about woulds that should so blatently contain an 's' rather than a 'z'?......Like colour....Oh crap.....got that wrong....I mean, like realise, personalise or accessorise?...
I'm pretty sure we use the "z" here, but that's pretty interchangeable down here, being 5 minutes from the U.S., and I'm pretty sure everyone here spells "practice" with a "c" lol.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #21
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I'm pretty sure we use the "z" here, but that's pretty interchangeable down here, being 5 minutes from the U.S., and I'm pretty sure everyone here spells "practice" with a "c" lol.
Doesn't everone spell 'Practice' with a 'C'? lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:54 PM   #22
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Doesn't everone spell 'Practice' with a 'C'? lol
I thought you guys spelled it with an "s"
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #23
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I thought you guys spelled it with an "s"
Hang on...Practise...No, definately 'Practice' lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #24
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Hang on...Practise...No, definately 'Practice' lol
I thought you guys typed it because I typed it into google, and this is what I got
http://www.google.ca/search?q=practi...en-US:official

...A bunch of British sites lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #25
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I thought you guys typed it because I typed it into google, and this is what I got
http://www.google.ca/search?q=practi...en-US:official

...A bunch of British sites lol
It looks like you can use either....I think 'practise' may be used in discribing a doctor surgery....
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #26
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
It looks like you can use either....I think 'practise' may be used in discribing a doctor surgery....
Probably *Muttering* Crazy Brits

JK
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #27
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Probably *Muttering* Crazy Brits

JK
Could be worse.....it could be spelled..'practize' lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.