Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 05:48 AM   #31
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
There's actually miatas like that called monster miatas where they put v8s in them. Supposedly the engine bays of miatas are large and can fit a v8 because mazda originally intended to use a bigger engine.

Yeah I know, and I've seen a few, thats why I made the comment. The V8 would offer much more torque, and more horsepower, depending on the engine of course. And an LS1 swap would NASTY, although the LS1's fit tight in even the camaro and firebird engine bays, but man 300+hp and 300+torque stock, in a Miata, hard to beat that.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #32
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Yeah I know, and I've seen a few, thats why I made the comment. The V8 would offer much more torque, and more horsepower, depending on the engine of course. And an LS1 swap would NASTY, although the LS1's fit tight in even the camaro and firebird engine bays, but man 300+hp and 300+torque stock, in a Miata, hard to beat that.

Unfortunately this company charges like 17k for the job...And I haven't seen them do it on 2nd or 3rd gen. miatas. I'll check out the things you're talking about
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #33
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Unfortunately this company charges like 17k for the job...And I haven't seen them do it on 2nd or 3rd gen. miatas. I'll check out the things you're talking about

True, it would be more cost-worthy to find a roller, but if you have some good connections, you could get some of the work done yourself I'm sure, and cut the price down. I have heard of LS1 Rx-7's but not LS1 Miata's, although I'm sure someone has done it.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:55 PM   #34
jaydez
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 40
I think most of the swaps for a v8 miata are for Ford 5.0s
jaydez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:39 AM   #35
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Yeah although I don't see why you wouldn't just swap a V8 in there rather than the V6, prolly a little more costly and time consuming, but much much more positives...

I beleive it was either built by a KL enthusiast or for the $2006 Challenge.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:44 AM   #36
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydez
I think most of the swaps for a v8 miata are for Ford 5.0s

Yeah that's right
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:59 AM   #37
jimbolion
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20
i find it funny when convos go off topic. very entertaining.
jimbolion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #38
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
I've seen LS1 Miatas, both first and 2nd gen cars, but yeah, most are for Ford conversions as the Ford small block V8 is narrower than the Chevy, and vastly cheaper. In fact, it's narrower than the KL V6 (or the Duratech V6 that is very similar to the KL).

A Ford swap to the Miata can be done dirt cheap and yes, one of the GRM $200X Challenges was won by a Ford V8 Miata, just like one was won by a Ford V8 RX7 like mine.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com

Last edited by ChrisV : 10-16-2006 at 02:09 PM.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #39
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I've seen LS1 Miatas, both first and 2nd gen cars, but yeah, most are for Ford conversions as the Ford small block V8 is narrower than the Chevy, and vastly cheaper. In fact, it's narrower than the KL V6 (or the Duratech V6 that is very similar to the KL).

A Ford swap to the Miata can be done dirt cheap and yes, one of the GRM $200X Challenges was won by a Ford V8 Miata, just like one was won by a Ford V8 RX7 like mine.

I love that rx7 <3
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.