newyorker
MXman

Been a bit since I posted, so here's some recent photography

Philadelphia: Another try at the typical shot

Miata: My turd

EVO9: Fully bolted 12 second evo

Muscle: SRT-8

Yaris: Car belongs to a good friend, sitting on Baby Advan SA3R wheels
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Last edited by newyorker : 06-27-2009 at 05:42 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 AM   #2
newyorker
MXman

This set has a bit of a story. There is a nest of baby rabbits in our flower bed, they are the cutest thing ever. I took some pix, couldn't catch both outside.

It started to pour so I put a bowl over the hole to keep it from flooding and killing them. Come out after the rain, sure enough both are sitting outside under the bowl so I got the camera again and got my shots.

Comments on all pix positive and negative appreciated.

Last edited by newyorker : 06-27-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

second bunny one woulda been a cracker had you been able to (a) get that stray flower out of the way and (b) get all of the frame out of focus.

not a big fan of the overexposed lights unless you can use them as a background glow (kinda halo-ish - almost got it with the evo). hard to eliminate while keeping the rest of the shot how you want it
Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

I think your shots are good, Lex, even if for some reason you refuse to talk to me...

The lights look a bit overexposed to me, though. The EVO is sexy...I want one bad but my pockets arenŽt deep enough and IŽll be balls-broke by the time I get back anyway.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
second bunny one woulda been a cracker had you been able to (a) get that stray flower out of the way and (b) get all of the frame out of focus.

not a big fan of the overexposed lights unless you can use them as a background glow (kinda halo-ish - almost got it with the evo). hard to eliminate while keeping the rest of the shot how you want it
When my dad went to move the branches out of the way, the one bunny ran back into the hole

As far as the lights, I need to start doing multiple exposures to use sections from an underexposed shot and stick them in instead of the glared ones.

Here's another shot (similar to the others) that I took for my friend Jacki. This is her 1990 240sx Hatch with a fully bolted Ka24de, cams, welded diff, pignose, and other goodies. Spray painted, beat up, not matching, and it's awesome.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 AM   #6
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
I think your shots are good, Lex, even if for some reason you refuse to talk to me...

The lights look a bit overexposed to me, though. The EVO is sexy...I want one bad but my pockets arenŽt deep enough and IŽll be balls-broke by the time I get back anyway.
I don't talk to you because I don't like your "me > *" attitude and partially 2-faced personality.

As far as Evos go, you can get an 8 fairly cheap now, but if you spring for the 9 you get the updated styling, and MIVEC motor. My friend Lexi just got an EVO X GSR (standard manual FTW) that we are going to do a downpipe, hardpipe, FMIC, and other things on in about 30 minutes, while it's not pretty it's arguably the best EVO to date.