Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
sideoutshu
CF Newbie

Question about my overheating 97 Mazda Protoge

While driving my 97 mazda protoge yesterday, I noticed the heat gauge was all the way to the top. Additionally the car heater was blowing abnormally hot(almost painful hot). I pulled over at a gas station to check my coolant level and the coolant container was empty. I promptly bought coolant and filled it to the "full" line. At which point I attempted to drive the car again only to find the same exact problem. When I got my car home, I checked the coolant level again to find theat it was now up to the top (much higher than when I filled it) and the engine was making a "crackling sound".

If anyone can give me an idea of what is wrong, I would appreciate it. I just moved to a new area and would like to have some idea of what I am talking about before going to a mechanic I don't know. Thanks you so much.
sideoutshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
sideoutshu
CF Newbie

cmon guys, throw me a bone here.
sideoutshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
Sniper1
CF Newbie

You might want to check your thermastat some times they go bad causing the car to over heat. The crackiling noise that you heared happens with all cars when the engine gets hot enough. i would say you have a cracked head but the coolent would be spraying every where which its not. your coolent pumps might also be broken which could of caused the build up in the overflow where you filled it.
Sniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote