Please advise me; oil issues with my '97 Camry
Hello, I just bought a 1997 Toyota Camry with 116,000 miles. It has a new water pump and timing belt (which I think are common issues once Camrys hit 100,000 or so miles).
The problem is that the oil light has been flickering. Now, considering these facts:
1) I had the sensor replaced (the sensor/light that flickers)
2) I had the oil pump replaced
3) I had new oil put in and it's at an appropriate level and looks good and clean
4) The car *does* drip a little bit of oil; but it's not like I can't take care of that myself and I would expect something like that from a nine-year old vehicle with lots of miles.
5) The car runs great. When the oil light flickers/comes on, I still have no problems - no noises, no smells, no anything unusual.
6) the exhaust isn't coming out blue at all so I don't think it's burning oil.
7) The flickering happens sometimes when I stop at stopsigns and stoplights and often when I go to brake and park the car; but it never stays on and hasn't come on yet while I've just been driving normally.
Also, I really know nothing about cars. I'm kind of hoping that this is a problem that I can just ignore... I'm so poor, haha!
Any advice would really be appreciated.