Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
CF Newbie
texmansru47's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe, LA... yes I know.. sad.
Posts: 2
What is the thing called that holes teh Electric fan blade in place?

Okay, Stupid question time. I replaced my fan motor in my 1999 Grand Cherokee (very weel i would think), and everything was cool until about 1/2 mile from home when the darn retaining clip (pin, clamp, whatever it is called) came off. I need a replacement. It is about a silver dollar in size with about a 1/8 or 1/16 opening to the middle of the clamp/pin/etc where there is a hole in the middle of the device. since I cannot find the name to this darn thing, I cannot get a replacement piece. Anyone out there have the name for this darn thing?

Any help would be great

texmansru47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:42 AM   #2
CF Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 54
If I were you I would go to a dealership and have them pull up an illustration of the cooling fan and its associated hardware. Their illustrations give part numbers to every screw and clip. he should be able to give you the part or order it for you no problem. I would just call it a cooling fan retainer clip.
wizzyb82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.