Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie

2002 Cavalier, Question bout aftermarket RKsport Exhaust

I have a 2002 chevy cavy and im looking to get an RKsport dual catback exhaust. I was wondering if anyone new much about them, and if they are good performance wise.
xXJaZeRXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
eclipsed420
CF Newbie

yea actually i have one it soundas like a jet and it gave me about 12HP
eclipsed420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:08 AM   #3
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie

Well i got the dualys from RKsport... Turns out they are magnaflows and they are awesome!!! I HIGHLY recomend them!!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJaZeRXx
I have a 2002 chevy cavy and im looking to get an RKsport dual catback exhaust. I was wondering if anyone new much about them, and if they are good performance wise.

Whats the point of a Dual exhaust on a I4 Cavalier?

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Whats the point of a Dual exhaust on a I4 Cavalier?

Because i like them, i think it looks nice and sounds nice. Personally i dont care what other people think, i dont care if it runs a 2.3, 0-60 its my car and i can do what i want with it, and will and make it look like whatever i want... thats my reason for doing it.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Because i like them, i think it looks nice and sounds nice. Personally i dont care what other people think, i dont care if it runs a 2.3, 0-60 its my car and i can do what i want with it, and will and make it look like whatever i want... thats my reason for doing it.

Just asking for a point, since there's no performance benefit, actually hinders performance. So you just did it for looks basically?

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-27-2005, 06:14 AM   #7
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie

Quote:
Just asking for a point, since there's no performance benefit, actually hinders performance. So you just did it for looks basically?

It didnt make the performance worse, i wouldnt say it gave it any power but i can tell it drives like it breathes better, hard to explain. Not like its very heavy either. And ya i also did it for looks because i always like how dual exhaust looks. And you really dont seem em on cavys often.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
It didnt make the performance worse, i wouldnt say it gave it any power but i can tell it drives like it breathes better, hard to explain. Not like its very heavy either. And ya i also did it for looks because i always like how dual exhaust looks. And you really dont seem em on cavys often.

I didnt mean it hurt performance from stock, I meant it didnt gain as much as a single exit (2.25"-2.5") system would. When you lessen the backpressure that much you lose a little power (not from stock, but like I said before). And yeah, a Dual exhaust does weigh a bit more than a single exit system, another little performance kicker, but not major.

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #9
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie

Quote:
I didnt mean it hurt performance from stock, I meant it didnt gain as much as a single exit (2.25"-2.5") system would. When you lessen the backpressure that much you lose a little power (not from stock, but like I said before). And yeah, a Dual exhaust does weigh a bit more than a single exit system, another little performance kicker, but not major.
ya i understand that, but i think that a single exhaust is uneven looking, but dual, evens it out. And they are not very common and i just plain think its sexy :-p So you could say i did that part for looks, got the aftermarket exhaust for perforamnce but wanted to take it a step farther thats all.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #10
frizzal
CF Newbie

here is an idea. you get the look and dont loose any performance. you can fake dual exaust and it still sounds good and looks like what you want. but its up to you. your back pressure will be good for all the mods you want to do and you will get that even look.
frizzal is offline   Reply With Quote