Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie
 
xXJaZeRXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 20
2002 Cavalier, Question bout aftermarket RKsport Exhaust

I have a 2002 chevy cavy and im looking to get an RKsport dual catback exhaust. I was wondering if anyone new much about them, and if they are good performance wise.
xXJaZeRXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
eclipsed420
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 21
yea actually i have one it soundas like a jet and it gave me about 12HP
eclipsed420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:08 AM   #3
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie
 
xXJaZeRXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 20
Well i got the dualys from RKsport... Turns out they are magnaflows and they are awesome!!! I HIGHLY recomend them!!!!!
xXJaZeRXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJaZeRXx
I have a 2002 chevy cavy and im looking to get an RKsport dual catback exhaust. I was wondering if anyone new much about them, and if they are good performance wise.

Whats the point of a Dual exhaust on a I4 Cavalier?
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie
 
xXJaZeRXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Whats the point of a Dual exhaust on a I4 Cavalier?

Because i like them, i think it looks nice and sounds nice. Personally i dont care what other people think, i dont care if it runs a 2.3, 0-60 its my car and i can do what i want with it, and will and make it look like whatever i want... thats my reason for doing it.
xXJaZeRXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJaZeRXx
Because i like them, i think it looks nice and sounds nice. Personally i dont care what other people think, i dont care if it runs a 2.3, 0-60 its my car and i can do what i want with it, and will and make it look like whatever i want... thats my reason for doing it.

Just asking for a point, since there's no performance benefit, actually hinders performance. So you just did it for looks basically?
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:14 AM   #7
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie
 
xXJaZeRXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Just asking for a point, since there's no performance benefit, actually hinders performance. So you just did it for looks basically?

It didnt make the performance worse, i wouldnt say it gave it any power but i can tell it drives like it breathes better, hard to explain. Not like its very heavy either. And ya i also did it for looks because i always like how dual exhaust looks. And you really dont seem em on cavys often.
xXJaZeRXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJaZeRXx
It didnt make the performance worse, i wouldnt say it gave it any power but i can tell it drives like it breathes better, hard to explain. Not like its very heavy either. And ya i also did it for looks because i always like how dual exhaust looks. And you really dont seem em on cavys often.

I didnt mean it hurt performance from stock, I meant it didnt gain as much as a single exit (2.25"-2.5") system would. When you lessen the backpressure that much you lose a little power (not from stock, but like I said before). And yeah, a Dual exhaust does weigh a bit more than a single exit system, another little performance kicker, but not major.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #9
xXJaZeRXx
CF Newbie
 
xXJaZeRXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I didnt mean it hurt performance from stock, I meant it didnt gain as much as a single exit (2.25"-2.5") system would. When you lessen the backpressure that much you lose a little power (not from stock, but like I said before). And yeah, a Dual exhaust does weigh a bit more than a single exit system, another little performance kicker, but not major.
ya i understand that, but i think that a single exhaust is uneven looking, but dual, evens it out. And they are not very common and i just plain think its sexy :-p So you could say i did that part for looks, got the aftermarket exhaust for perforamnce but wanted to take it a step farther thats all.
xXJaZeRXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #10
frizzal
CF Newbie
 
frizzal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: back in the states!
Posts: 85
here is an idea. you get the look and dont loose any performance. you can fake dual exaust and it still sounds good and looks like what you want. but its up to you. your back pressure will be good for all the mods you want to do and you will get that even look.
frizzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.