Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #226
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
well again use a real world example not a porche 911. even still with an aftermarket tuner you can make the vette over 450 in hp and torque. and yes in fact i have driven a 911 just not the turbo model. but hmm lets se turbo vs n/a. 100gs - 50 gs. hondaman in a classic car section -pointless. but the point is that it takes a turbo or a super charger to get a 6 cylinder to pump out as much torque as a v8. and even then most the time it takes excess hp to make a decent torque number ( 850 hp with 600 flt lbs of torque etc.) and i know a i never said anything about price. but hey i made the statement so i can add anything whenever the hell i want so there . but i know this thread is really pointless. and its obvious why v8s have more torque than v6s and i6s. they have 2 more cylinders contributing to the turning effort of the engine. just like a stock v10 and a stock v8 of about the same cid. the v10 of course will have more torque. in the end its a balance of cylinders- too many and it sucks up gas and gets to be pointless. too less and it feels gutless suffers in top end power butll get you 30+ miles per gallon.
A Porsche 911 IS a real world example. Im around them all day. Along with the people who buy them. Just like any other car they can be BOUGHT. What wouldnt be a real world example is him say something like a Bugatti Veyron, or yes, a Skyline.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:39 PM   #227
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And which COSTS more? I dont' know about you, but real people with real jobs have real budgets. A 500 hp domestic big block is a relatively cheap affair.

I'm tired of kids dragging ultra expensive, rare, complex race engines from Japan to "prove" that imports are as good or better. Throwing cubic dollars ata an engiine doesn't make it "better." It means you have a bigger budget. Otherwise, lets compare that GTR engine with the 750 hp normally aspirated streetable Chevy (1100 streetable hp on juice!) from Fast Times engine building company... An engine that still cost a fraction of what it takes to make a relatively streetable 850 hp Skyline engine...

The Japanese engines are great engines, but if you're going to compare, use real world examples, not expensive one offs...

Hahaha I was just trying to make a point that some people think the chev would have more torque because it has a bigger engine but that ofcourse is wrong, the chev produces usable torque earlier in the rev range however. Over all though the skyline would produce more torque, that was the point I was trying to make which didn't include cost.

But I value your input ChrisV.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #228
mustangmann
CF Newbie

<Link Removed>

take ur mind off this never-ending argument and listen to my band.

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-21-2005 at 05:50 AM.
mustangmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #229
99integra
CF's Florida boy

The guitars okay but you seriously suck
Old 07-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #230
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
The guitars okay but you seriously suck
agreed..sry!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:51 AM   #231
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Hahaha I was just trying to make a point that some people think the chev would have more torque because it has a bigger engine but that ofcourse is wrong, the chev produces usable torque earlier in the rev range however. Over all though the skyline would produce more torque, that was the point I was trying to make which didn't include cost.

But I value your input ChrisV.

the skyline would produce like no more than 75 more flt lbs of tourque than the chevy but it has to make 200+ more hp than the chevy to do it.

also porche is only a real world example if you work at the dealership. for someone that doesnt work at a porche dealer ship or doesnt live in a area with tons of rich white folks then the chances are youll only see 1 or 2 porches a week. out on the streets and not in dealerships floors. if you wanted to argue that way than i could say a ferarri enzo is a real world example... as long as i work at a dealership. in germany im sure there more common but over here the only porches that are common are the 80s porches that any jack off can buy for under 12 gs in decent condition.
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 AM   #232
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
the skyline would produce like no more than 75 more flt lbs of tourque than the chevy but it has to make 200+ more hp than the chevy to do it.

also porche is only a real world example if you work at the dealership. for someone that doesnt work at a porche dealer ship or doesnt live in a area with tons of rich white folks then the chances are youll only see 1 or 2 porches a week. out on the streets and not in dealerships floors. if you wanted to argue that way than i could say a ferarri enzo is a real world example... as long as i work at a dealership. in germany im sure there more common but over here the only porches that are common are the 80s porches that any jack off can buy for under 12 gs in decent condition.
Oh no...I thought you were done...

Chances are unless you live with a bunch of rich "white"? folks you won't see that many brand new C6s either...

And good job ignoring my post showing a new naturally aspirated V6 obviously real world creating more torque than another new naturally aspirated real world V8...
Old 07-21-2005, 05:00 AM   #233
halo master
CF Newbie

whats wrong with ricer fags they have feelings to

this my mini cooper
halo master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:50 AM   #234
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmann

<Link Removed>

take ur mind off this never-ending argument and listen to my band.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #235
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8>4 banger
they make me so angry with their pissant 4 bangers and their coffee can bee stinger fart pipes, their carbon fiber wings are gay, I would go with real steel and kick all ass.

mate, you've gotta be more open minded about motor vehicles, really.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #236
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy

headbanging music, eh?

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #237
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman

Chances are unless you live with a bunch of rich "white"? folks you won't see that many brand new C6s either...

And good job ignoring my post showing a new naturally aspirated V6 obviously real world creating more torque than another new naturally aspirated real world V8...

yea well you didnt campare n/a or was it the other guy whatever, your example was a turbo 911 against a n/a ls2. n/a vs n/a most 6 cylinders and below cant even touch a v8
Old 07-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #238
72firebird
Banned

Quote:

and also i dont live around a bunch of white folks and c6s and c5s arent very un common here
Old 07-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #239
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
yea well you didnt campare n/a or was it the other guy whatever, your example was a turbo 911 against a n/a ls2. n/a vs n/a most 6 cylinders and below cant even touch a v8
No it wasn't!

Quote:
2005 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, 4.6L V8
254 bhp
282 lb-ft torque.

2005 Nissan Pathfinder, 4.0L V6
270 bhp
291 lb-ft torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Firebird
and also i dont live around a bunch of white folks and c6s and c5s arent very un common here
Good for you! Have a cookie!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #240
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Good for you! Have a cookie!

ROFL