Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 AM   #31
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
As I said...We all make typos sometimes....

Believe me, they were genuine typos, lol.

i guess your spell checker is the "chris_knows v1.0" program

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:44 AM   #32
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
the spell check of your post only took seconds and notice that i didn't highlight "ain't". i recognized that as your choice (and since you say i'm trash, etc. i apparently don't attach the same stigma to that word that some may)

point is, if you're as intelligent as you claim to be, you don't need spellchecker, you know how to spell it right the first time....

This is not 100% true at all. That is comparable to saying if you're smart you'll never F-up. There are many smart people out there that make spelling errors, hence the use of spell checker. I, like you, consider myself good enough without using it, especially when I look at what some others are typing up. Oh, by the way, I'll get to your "spelling errors" in this posting in just a second.

Ok, so what we learned here is that your spelling is perfect 100% of the time(well not really, read on) and mine is 98.8%! Furthermore, to illustrate the "read on" piece of my arguement.....in the above quoted text exactly as I found it from you, where is your capitalization of the I not once, not twice not three times but FOUR times? That is just as bad if not worse than some spelling mistakes. Not only did you forget the rule to capitalize the first word of a sentence three times over, but you also forgot the rule where you capitalize the pronoun I also to include the word Im. Together, that makes four offenses. Hmm, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. Spell checker also would have picked that up for you so I guess your trying to prove how good you are without it, and guess what, you just painted some more ass, LOL! I guess you should abopt the use of it after all, what do you think? Could we conclude from this that no matter how smart we all think we are, we all screw up?

Quote:
why don't you go ahead and figure out the percentage on my posts? same as yours--no proofreading or spell checking applied...

There you go again, no capitalization on sentences twice in a row!!!and here you are trying to make ME look stupid! I am sure I am guilty of this too, so dont waist your time finding where I have done it. I can admit it. I am making this point because of your cocky statement why don't you go ahead and figure out the percentage on my posts? same as yours--no proofreading or spell checking applied...

Right there thats two sentences not capitalized, and I wont count the Is. Point made! So, in argument to you trying to paint me as an idiot, whos the one with a shinny ass now?
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #33
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Quote:
For the record, I have never used a spell check here at CF because A. I have had no real reason or urge to use it, and B. I have never really understood how to use it (it appears to be different to the standard Windows thingy....You could probably swap A and B around there....it makes no difference, lol). I have no formal qualifications but am confident that the wonders of CF have improved mt spelling and grammer no end. We all make silly mistakes from time to time, even "brainiacs" lol.

I have enjoyed reading the bickering in posts in the R&M section of late, and have followed with interest, some of the more adventurous type-styles that we would expect to encounter. I have also obseved that some of cmeseadoin's "lingo" and "wording" kind of contradics the seemingly obvious spelling errors he makes, lol....Still, we're not the spelling police. Keep up the good work guys.

Cliffy, where have you been hanging out? I agree with everything you said and I am glad we've been able to humor you. Are you confessing to us that YOU of all people are not perfect? NEVER THAT!
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #34
dodger65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
This is not 100% true at all. That is comparable to saying if you're smart you'll never F-up. There are many smart people out there that make spelling errors, hence the use of spell checker. I, like you, consider myself good enough without using it, especially when I look at what some others are typing up. Oh, by the way, I'll get to your "spelling errors" in this posting in just a second.

Ok, so what we learned here is that your spelling is perfect 100% of the time(well not really, read on) and mine is 98.8%! Furthermore, to illustrate the "read on" piece of my arguement.....in the above quoted text exactly as I found it from you, where is your capitalization of the I not once, not twice not three times but FOUR times? That is just as bad if not worse than some spelling mistakes. Not only did you forget the rule to capitalize the first word of a sentence three times over, but you also forgot the rule where you capitalize the pronoun I also to include the word Im. Together, that makes four offenses. Hmm, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. Spell checker also would have picked that up for you so I guess your trying to prove how good you are without it, and guess what, you just painted some more ass, LOL! I guess you should abopt the use of it after all, what do you think? Could we conclude from this that no matter how smart we all think we are, we all screw up?

There you go again, no capitalization on sentences twice in a row!!!and here you are trying to make ME look stupid! I am sure I am guilty of this too, so dont waist your time finding where I have done it. I can admit it. I am making this point because of your cocky statement why don't you go ahead and figure out the percentage on my posts? same as yours--no proofreading or spell checking applied...

Right there thats two sentences not capitalized, and I wont count the Is. Point made! So, in argument to you trying to paint me as an idiot, whos the one with a shinny ass now?

what's a "shinny" ass, dumbass? i personally don't want anyone shinnying up my ass.... i'm sure yours must be shiny by now... you're noticing the capitalization on 4 sentences? look at all of them! i deem capitalization unnecessary on forums for the most part unless it's needed for clarification or emphasis... re: your "ain't"---that is my choice not to capitalize... take another shot... i'm not saying smart people never f*ck up, i'm just saying they don't make dumb mistakes like you do...

Old 10-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #35
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Quote:
what's a "shinny" ass, dumbass? i personally don't want anyone shinnying up my ass.... i'm sure yours must be shiny by now... you're noticing the capitalization on 4 sentences? look at all of them! i deem capitalization unnecessary on forums for the most part unless it's needed for clarification or emphasis... re: your "ain't"---that is my choice not to capitalize... take another shot... i'm not saying smart people never f*ck up, i'm just saying they don't make dumb mistakes like you do...

Oh, look at you, the pot calling the kettle black again! YOU deem capitalization unnecessary huh? Well, I guess you're so smart and better than the rest that you can just change the laws of proper sentence structure and have the rest of us bending over for you? I deem spell checker unnecessary. How about that!!?? Get over yourself ahole! You're a JOKE!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #36
dodger65

Quote:
Oh, look at you, the pot calling the kettle black again! YOU deem capitalization unnecessary huh? Well, I guess you're so smart and better than the rest that you can just change the laws of proper sentence structure and have the rest of us bending over for you? I deem spell checker unnecessary. How about that!!?? Get over yourself ahole! You're a JOKE!

you chose to use the word "ain't" i choose not to capitalize... kudos for using the right "you're"...

Old 10-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #37
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Quote:
you chose to use the word "ain't" i choose not to capitalize... kudos for using the right "you're"...

Thank you, I am trying to elevate myself to your standards!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #38
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Cliffy, where have you been hanging out? I agree with everything you said and I am glad we've been able to humor you. Are you confessing to us that YOU of all people are not perfect? NEVER THAT!
Where have I been hanging out? I've been here the whole time, lol. I must admit, although I don't agree with all what you type (that was a slight pun by the way..albeit a lame one, lol). I indeed, am saying that I'm not perfect.

Quote:
I must admit that I do tend to see a "pot, kettle, black" thing going on around here, lol...Especially given that by rights your username should be capitalised also, lol....JK...I think. I also think that you guys BOTH (well, the whole of the USA actually) need eductaing as far as inserting "Z" in place of "S" goes in numerous words. As I said though, we're not the Spelling Police, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #39
dodger65

Quote:
I also think that you guys BOTH (well, the whole of the USA actually) need eductaing as far as inserting "Z" in place of "S" goes in numerous words. As I said though, we're not the Spelling Police, lol.

well, that depends on the country that the keyboard is in...

damn brits...

Old 10-06-2007, 05:20 AM   #40
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Quote:
I also think that you guys BOTH (well, the whole of the USA actually) need eductaing as far as inserting "Z" in place of "S" goes in numerous words. As I said though, we're not the Spelling Police, lol.

Bloody right mate, there's a lot of bollucks that goes on over here!!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #41
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah! How have you been?
lol been doin lovely just buried my grammpa in Ohio, had to drive all the way up there in my little cavalier