Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2005, 02:36 AM   #31
83transam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
WOW ChrisV, thanks for the lesson. Congratulations on precisely missing the point of my post, not many people could have side stepped it so well. I will agree with the Supercar example, but everything else you were just listening to yourself talk.

I think chrisV knows alot more about cars than you
83transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:21 AM   #32
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
And lack of name. I'd take any Porsche over a Ford GT for the name.

I touched a Ford GT last week
According to Car and Driver, GM is considering a Corvette SS ... Yep, SS. They say it would probably have at least 575bhp so it can compete with the Ford GT. I can't get a pic of it so just check it out in the june issue of car and driver. They made 1 corvette SS back in '57, heres a pic http://www.seriouswheels.com/1950-19...d-1024x768.htm

In a nutshell, I doubt they'll make the SS, I hope they do but doubt they will. If they don't I would probably still take the Z06

ChrisV: You can't be right all the time. But in case you can, What ever happened to amelia earhart? or my dads z28? I think you just like to prove others wrong and hear yourself talk or perhaps you just have an authority issue!

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac

Last edited by TurboLag : 06-19-2005 at 03:56 AM.
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:53 AM   #33
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
i see so many corvettes on the street, they arent even all that special anymore. hardly EVER see vipers...

if you wanna compare then... go ahead, fine...

might as well compare a hatch civic to a V6 VW GTI... its not doin anyone any good...

you should compare cars with similar popularity on the streets. corvette vs... actually, i cant even think of any cars in its league that are quite as popular... maybe a 350Z, boxter, one of the faster beamers...

Any vette would blow away a 350z, boxster, and probably most beamers

Quote:
-Tupac
Old 06-19-2005, 09:17 AM   #34
Jay-G
Banned

The corvette is actually a car, rather than jsut a jet engine strapped to a shoppign cart.

"Any vette would blow away a 350z, boxster, and probably most beamers"
what? how? in the quarter mile? Roads do have turns though and anyone can go fast in a straight line. SO you are trying to say that a corvette can outhandle a boxster? ALso, why are you comparing cars in completely different classes?
Jay-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 03:23 AM   #35
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
The corvette is actually a car, rather than jsut a jet engine strapped to a shoppign cart.

"Any vette would blow away a 350z, boxster, and probably most beamers"
what? how? in the quarter mile? Roads do have turns though and anyone can go fast in a straight line. SO you are trying to say that a corvette can outhandle a boxster? ALso, why are you comparing cars in completely different classes?
  1. "Anyone can go fast in a straight line" -Yeah, but can they go as fast as a Vette? A Corvette would beat any of those cars top end, except some BMWs.
  2. I was commenting on "pik d". So tell him not me.

Get back at me on that when you know what you're talking about. I know a guy who has 25-30 Vette's, I think I would know.

Quote:
-Tupac
Old 06-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #36
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
ChrisV: You can't be right all the time. But in case you can, What ever happened to amelia earhart? or my dads z28? I think you just like to prove others wrong and hear yourself talk or perhaps you just have an authority issue!

Amelia Earheart? Are we on an aviation forum? Do I talk about things I don't know about or even have an interest in (like your dad's Z2/8)? No. Unlike a lot of morons here, I don't just make sh!t up to post on a board. I ONLY discuss things I already know about. I don't go to naval ship spotting forums and discuss the differences between a frigate and a destroyer. Or argue the merits of different anti-fouling paints on boats at a boating forum. I don't go to a quantum physics forum and make unsubstantiated stamtnes of opinion on the behavior of quarks.

But people like you think that because you know the difference between a Sentra and an Eclipse, you can form, state and ARGUE any f*cking opinion on cars that comes to your mind, and ANYONE with experience and facts to prove your opinion the mistaken pile of dog sh!t it is, MUST be a "know-it-all who only likes to hear themselves talk."

Well, I'd rather be considered a know-it-all about a subject I like than a dumbass about EVERY subject. Like you.

So why don't you get a f*cking clue or get the f*ck out?

When your only argument to me in rebuttal to facts I'v ebrought up is whining about "liking to hear myself talk" it's proof that YOU don't have anything to back up your side and are just a whiny bitch. But I guess when you're good at something, why quit. So keep on being the bitch. I'm sure that the real world will give you a prize somewhere for not knowing anything.

You're a complete pile of shite. But it's "my opinion" so you have to accept it and you can't be mad.

damn. There goes another 2 1/2 minutes of lunch break I'll never get back...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #37
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Amelia Earheart? Are we on an aviation forum? Do I talk about things I don't know about or even have an interest in (like your dad's Z2/8)? No. Unlike a lot of morons here, I don't just make sh!t up to post on a board. I ONLY discuss things I already know about. I don't go to naval ship spotting forums and discuss the differences between a frigate and a destroyer. Or argue the merits of different anti-fouling paints on boats at a boating forum. I don't go to a quantum physics forum and make unsubstantiated stamtnes of opinion on the behavior of quarks.

But people like you think that because you know the difference between a Sentra and an Eclipse, you can form, state and ARGUE any f*cking opinion on cars that comes to your mind, and ANYONE with experience and facts to prove your opinion the mistaken pile of dog sh!t it is, MUST be a "know-it-all who only likes to hear themselves talk."

Well, I'd rather be considered a know-it-all about a subject I like than a dumbass about EVERY subject. Like you.

So why don't you get a f*cking clue or get the f*ck out?

When your only argument to me in rebuttal to facts I'v ebrought up is whining about "liking to hear myself talk" it's proof that YOU don't have anything to back up your side and are just a whiny bitch. But I guess when you're good at something, why quit. So keep on being the bitch. I'm sure that the real world will give you a prize somewhere for not knowing anything.

You're a complete pile of shite. But it's "my opinion" so you have to accept it and you can't be mad.

damn. There goes another 2 1/2 minutes of lunch break I'll never get back...

Then why do you even waste your time on a "complete pile of shite"? If I'm not worth it, why bother? That's what I'm talking about! Is it really necessary to try and put down everyone who disagrees with you? Theres your authority issue.

I would say we should take this to off-topic, but I'm not gunna be the one wasting my time and "lunch break". Argue all you want with me, but I'm done here and don't see the point of this useless argument.

Now excuse me, I have a wedding to attend

Quote:
-Tupac

Last edited by TurboLag : 06-23-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:41 AM   #38
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83transam
I think chrisV knows alot more about cars than you

That's great, I think you're a 12 year old that found your daddy's motor trend and decided to jump on the coat tails of whoever makes the longest post.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:46 AM   #39
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
So if your point was so easily missed, maybe it wasn't stated very well.

Grow up.

Well ChrisV, I fail to see how your big ass long post about prototypes had anything to do with the cost and reliability of a production vehicle. Did anybody mention purchasing a prototype vehicle and driving it on the street? I don't recall that in any of the posts. But, it was still necessary for you to rant about prototypes. Which is where you completely missed the point of my post.

Also, hand built vehicles should not be any more or less reliable than a production line vehicle. If they are, then the manufacturing process is flawed. In which case I would unload that POS.

Don't go off ranting on a tangent, and then tell me to grow up when I point out that you weren't on subject. Every post tends to wander, but don't get pissed off when all I do is point it out.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:57 AM   #40
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Well ChrisV, I fail to see how your big ass long post about prototypes had anything to do with the cost and reliability of a production vehicle. Did anybody mention purchasing a prototype vehicle and driving it on the street? I don't recall that in any of the posts. But, it was still necessary for you to rant about prototypes. Which is where you completely missed the point of my post.

Also, hand built vehicles should not be any more or less reliable than a production line vehicle. If they are, then the manufacturing process is flawed. In which case I would unload that POS.

Don't go off ranting on a tangent, and then tell me to grow up when I point out that you weren't on subject. Every post tends to wander, but don't get pissed off when all I do is point it out.

it seems that he goes off-subject when he is proven wrong
Jay-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #41
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
it seems that he goes off-subject when he is proven wrong
it seems you randomly attack people when you realize no one likes you. just like a cornered animal.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:54 AM   #42
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
it seems you randomly attack people when you realize no one likes you. just like a cornered animal.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #43
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

Rant on about prototypes? IT WAS ONE SENTENCE! Since when is one sentence "ranting on about?"

Get a f*cking CLUE.

And it had everything to do with your post! it's called a f*cking ANALOGY! Did you learn that word in school yet or have you yet to get that far?
You said someone paying that much money for a car shouldn't be concerned about it breaking. That's silly. How much money a car costs has zero bearing on how relaible it is. And some of the least relaible cars are the most expensive. How the f8ck that is that not germain to the thread?

Quote:

And that's where you show how ****ing clueless you are. how many hand built cars have you ever DEALT with??? Even Ferrari makes test prototypes. and they break. Why do you think the magazines, when testing prototypes, have to comment that the flaws they find are typical for prototypes and probably won't show up in production? BECAUSE HAND BUILT CARS ARE NECESSARILY MORE DELICATE AND LESS RELIABLE! That's why prototype cars are not f*cking daily drivers!!!!! NOW there's a f*cking rant about prototypes!

God DAMN! You have ZERO experience in this matter and your opinion is based on flawed information.

Quote:

IT WAS ON SUBJECT, YOU ASS! I get pissed because you can't tell that the response to you IS EXACTLY ON POINT. And then you argue about it as if you actually KNOW anything about it, which you've proven you DON'T!

The POINT is, cost is not indicative of daily driver reliability, and then I attempted to show WHY. You argued about all the points and then have the audacity to say it wasn't on subject, when it was EXACTLY responding to your rediculous assertation.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #44
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Rant on about prototypes? IT WAS ONE SENTENCE! Since when is one sentence "ranting on about?"

Get a f*cking CLUE.

And it had everything to do with your post! it's called a f*cking ANALOGY! Did you learn that word in school yet or have you yet to get that far?
You said someone paying that much money for a car shouldn't be concerned about it breaking. That's silly. How much money a car costs has zero bearing on how relaible it is. And some of the least relaible cars are the most expensive. How the f8ck that is that not germain to the thread?

And that's where you show how ****ing clueless you are. how many hand built cars have you ever DEALT with??? Even Ferrari makes test prototypes. and they break. Why do you think the magazines, when testing prototypes, have to comment that the flaws they find are typical for prototypes and probably won't show up in production? BECAUSE HAND BUILT CARS ARE NECESSARILY MORE DELICATE AND LESS RELIABLE! That's why prototype cars are not f*cking daily drivers!!!!! NOW there's a f*cking rant about prototypes!

God DAMN! You have ZERO experience in this matter and your opinion is based on flawed information.

IT WAS ON SUBJECT, YOU ASS! I get pissed because you can't tell that the response to you IS EXACTLY ON POINT. And then you argue about it as if you actually KNOW anything about it, which you've proven you DON'T!

The POINT is, cost is not indicative of daily driver reliability, and then I attempted to show WHY. You argued about all the points and then have the audacity to say it wasn't on subject, when it was EXACTLY responding to your rediculous assertation.

Nothing like a good ranting post early in the morning that maintains to be off topic. Again, I don't recall saying that prototype vehicles were designed to be reliable, or unreliable for that matter. I never mentioned anything about how reliable I expect a companies prototype vehicles to be. I recall saying something about how reliable I expect a PRODUCTION car to be.

And, I also recall saying that if I paid a wack-load of money for a car, I would expect it to be reliable, I didn't say that they were, I just said that I don't tolerate poor craftsmanship.

I appreciate you degrading my knowledge, since you obviously have no ****ING clue what I do for a living.

You're ranting about how much prototype vehicles cost, how unreliable vehicles are, and how that's OK no matter how much you spend on them.

I'm merely saying that... it's not OK for a $200K car to break down (general maintenance and wear/tear can be expected, and given the higher performance of these vehicles it can be expected that this will be more frequent, but "just breaking" is not OK). That's just bullshit.

I look forward to your next rant about how unreliable prototypes are and how I should have no problem with a Ferrari breaking down.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #45
Bino
Written Off

I apologize to all for the swearing in my previous post. I should not have let myself drop to that level.