Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2006, 12:52 AM   #46
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
You jackass.. After 3 pages of answering and we are narrowed down to 2 things, you come and present something from the complete other end (and i mean that literally and fuguratively)
If your muffler whistles like than then maybe you have This in there. Otherwise, a muffler fault would result in rumbling, if it were from a hole or whatever else.

My unexpert opinion. You can't be positive i thought i'd throw something out there that no one considered. Also i've definetly hurd some similiar sounding on a 1999 sunfire and it was the muffler.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #47
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
My unexpert opinion. You can't be positive i thought i'd throw something out there that no one considered. Also i've definetly hurd some similiar sounding on a 1999 sunfire and it was the muffler.
Maybe the muffler was faulty, and somethng else was causign the whistling. Only thing I can think of is for example on my car there are little rubber hangers that if worn out, can creak quite loud if the exhaust pipe wigles for some reason.
Speaking of which I gota replace those.
EDIT: I havent "hurd" a muffler sound like that before.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Last edited by newyorker : 01-04-2006 at 01:45 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #48
whiteboy23
CF Newbie

definatly aint the water pump because my caprice when it went out it wobbled and made a scratchin/squeakin noise and whenever i turnd the car off it would dump about 3 cups of antifreeze. get your belts checkd at the least.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:55 PM   #49
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Since no opinion can be wrong, and everyone here has given their opinon, then all these things are wrong with his car...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:48 AM   #50
mastersypro
CF Newbie

I listened to the sound and read the first 2 pages of bullshit and vw's was the only to make scence, but as for my experiance with those "sounds" if you listen hard enough there is more then just 1 comming from the engine. I resently moved out to Alberta from niagara falls but first had to fix the squeels under the hood of the car, Powersteering pump, tension pully, altinator and the serp belt. after all 4 were done and only 80 bux later (btw thats canadian too so think how cheap the job can be, but then again the car is a ricer) it was sounding back to normal (besides the rumble of the muffler cause of the giant whole, did sound like a Ram though)