Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2006, 04:49 AM   #31
Tech_N9ne
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
lol nice keep em coming... btw i am goin with option 3
im just wondering but why are u so worried about getting points on yer license? dont they get wiped away when you turn 18 if u dont get in any serious trouble? maybe its just a michigan thing

Tech_N9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #32
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_N9ne
im just wondering but why are u so worried about getting points on yer license? dont they get wiped away when you turn 18 if u dont get in any serious trouble? maybe its just a michigan thing
ya i know it's in illinois also... but i am pretty sure 2 speedomg tickets before 18 and ur license get taken away... so i wanna have some room to screw up... and it's not the points i am worried about, it's the insurance going up.. If my insurance would stay the same i wouldn't give a shit
Old 01-31-2006, 06:34 AM   #33
aeprominant
CF Newbie

If you want to get your ticket knocked down, when you go to court, wear a military uniform. My Dad is in the military and he came to court with me after I got my 1st ticket and they knocked my wreckless driving charge down to a defective taillight. I still had to pay about 100 bucks in court fees and stuff though.
aeprominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:41 AM   #34
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeprominant
If you want to get your ticket knocked down, when you go to court, wear a military uniform. My Dad is in the military and he came to court with me after I got my 1st ticket and they knocked my wreckless driving charge down to a defective taillight. I still had to pay about 100 bucks in court fees and stuff though.
Say, uh...Is your dad free on Feb. 7th, if he could just come to the Windsor Municipal Courtroom for a little while :joking;
Old 02-01-2006, 02:22 AM   #35
Vlad
CF Addict

In almost a year of driving I have been pulled over once, and got a ticket once. So It was about 4:50pm on a sunday, I'm headed to church, and I'm about a mile away from my house, the light turns yellow, I drop my lude into second and blow through. As I pass under the light I look up and its still yellow, so I think "whew, I made it."

About 200 yards down the road starts to go downhill, and theres a stop sign. I'm in the right lane, stop, go forward, get infront of some fat van, and cruise along. I glance in my rearview, and sure enough, theres the red and blue lights. I think "what did I do? Is he even pulling me over?" I change lanes, and the van and another car pulls over too. He's still behind me, so I pull over. The other cars leave. Two cops get out, one on each side. I roll down my window, and he's like "what did I pull you over for?" I didn't know, thought maybe for gaining too much speed going through the intersection. So I told him I didn't know, he kept asking, so I just said "Was I speeding?" He says no, but you went through the stop sign too fast. I was thinking WTF?!?! because I had no idea I didn't stop...seriously thought I had. But I did not conciously remember stopping, looking around, then going, so I didn't push it. Probably had stopped, but didn't hold the brake long enough, and rolled down the hill before I even started to get on the gas. Anyways, they go back to their car and are gone for about 35 mins, dunno what took so long. Anyways, he comes back with a ticket. On the speed part, it says speed limit :Zero Aproximate speed: 5mph. What the hell? 5?!? more like 1.5, but whatever, didn't see that part till I got home.

Was somewhere around $150-$160, don't remember exactly, but I did online traffic school to clear it from my record.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #36
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Hehe, when I was about 9 or 10 years old, me, my brother and my friend were in the car with my mom on the way to school, and my mom got pulled over for running a stop sign. I don't really remember the details that well, but I can tell you my mom's motto is "why drive the limit when you can drive 20 under it?". It was funny cause she was so appalled she got the ticket.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #37
Fender89
CF Newbie

lets see i got off this buy hiring a lawyer and he won lol

clocked at 127mph in a 35 mph. Street racing, erotic driving, excessive speeding, and failer to abay traffic signs. some how i got off...no points no payment no school hahahaha my dad shit his self.
Fender89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #38
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender89

clocked at 127mph in a 35 mph. Street racing, erotic driving, excessive speeding, and failer to abay traffic signs. some how i got off...no points no payment no school hahahaha my dad shit his self.

Need for Speed doesn't count.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #39
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:

...What in the hell is "erotic driving?" jp

127 in a 35?...that's why teens (myself included) should stick to slower cars...
Old 02-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #40
Fender89
CF Newbie

eratric (i cant spell) same thing as wreckless. why drive a slower car and be bored and drive a fast car and enjoy your self.
Fender89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #41
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
eratric (i cant spell) same thing as wreckless. why drive a slower car and be bored and drive a fast car and enjoy your self.
Because you'll wrap it around a tree

BTW it's "eratic" lol
Old 02-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #42
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Because you'll wrap it around a tree

BTW it's "eratic" lol
Chris, I gotta correct you on this point. It's not eratic, it's erratic. More to the point, it's bullshit. This is a perfect case of a twinkie boy trying to fit in with the crowd. Think of all the 12 year olds that show up with an unbelievable story like this one, get called on it, argue and then fade away. This is a perfect example.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #43
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Sinse when did a car need to be fast to be fun?.....ask ChrisV, he'll tell ya lol

But yeah, I've been caught doing 74mph in a 50 mph limit...I could have appealed, but I accept responsibility

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #44
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Chris, I gotta correct you on this point. It's not eratic, it's erratic. More to the point, it's bullshit. This is a perfect case of a twinkie boy trying to fit in with the crowd. Think of all the 12 year olds that show up with an unbelievable story like this one, get called on it, argue and then fade away. This is a perfect example.
My bad, and I didn't really believe him, but why would he be telling us this if he wants cars with 217-240hp to race (probably on the streets), not very bright lol
Old 02-23-2006, 06:23 AM   #45
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

My ticket story:

I was driving down my friends street that is 25. I usually only no more than 40 on that road b/c cops like to hide on it. I wasn't even paying attention then i looked down and i was doing about 65. Suddenly my radar detector went off at full bars. I slammed on my brakes and saw the lights turn on and the car pull out of its wooded hiding place. I pulled over right in front of my friends house. The cop told me i was doing 42 in a 25. So i did lose a good amount of speed before he got a reading. Plus i learned that my dad took my insurance card and registration out of my car to update my card and forgot to put it in. The cop seemed pretty stern so i was like great im f*cked. He came back and asked who my dad was and when i told him he asked what he did and i answered (which is hes a communications(911) supervisor in altantic city). He said ok and hes letting me off with only one ticket. Obstruction of view. For my radar detector. He told me he knew i had it b/c when he turned his radar on i put my brakes on. But he told me to get right home and get my papers b/c next time i wouldn't be so lucky. So i left and pulled into my friends driveway. He came out and laughed at me b/c he knew it was me out there as soon as he saw the cop

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote