Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #31
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
I'd just like to bump this one NY ... esp after what you posted in the other thread.
Whats going on here? What are you talking about?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:47 AM   #32
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Huh???
I thought he conveniently dodged your question, so I quoted it again to avoid it disappearing forever. The "other thread" comment was in reference to the "supe up" thread where he blasted someone else for apparently wanting to street race
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 AM   #33
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
I thought he conveniently dodged your question, so I quoted it again to avoid it disappearing forever. The "other thread" comment was in reference to the "supe up" thread where he blasted someone else for apparently wanting to street race
That is the typical double standard used by people who are trying to look intelligent and/or responsible. Log on to Car-Forums.com for your daily dose.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #34
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
I thought he conveniently dodged your question, so I quoted it again to avoid it disappearing forever. The "other thread" comment was in reference to the "supe up" thread where he blasted someone else for apparently wanting to street race
Difference between me and him, is he wants to do it for money. I dont rely on F&F to guide me through my car. He does.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:53 AM   #35
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Difference between me and him, is he wants to do it for money. I dont rely on F&F to guide me through my car. He does.
I'm still waiting for you to show me where he says he's going to street race, or did you miss that as well?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:03 AM   #36
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I'm still waiting for you to show me where he says he's going to street race, or did you miss that as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenksBaseball
1st of all, id like to know ya'll's idea on the best car to supe up,
2nd, im getting a new car and would rather get an average car and supe it up, so... what would be a reasonable price car that can really be suped up
3rd are there any terribly slow cars that with work can be really fast? ya know win a few bets here and there with them not knowing whats under the hood.

what i want to do is put alot of work into over time, spending little bits every now and then to eventually make it really fast, so a fast 0-60 and a quick 1/4.

would like the car to be under 5k and the mods to be reasonably cheap.

thanks
That resembles street racing to me unless they virtually bet on what car wins, and then just make up a winner.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:15 AM   #37
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
That resembles street racing to me unless they virtually bet on what car wins, and then just make up a winner.
That statement shows just how little you know about drag racing. I make money all the time on a sanctioned drag strip by gambling. That's right, I said it, racing for money, parts or cars. Illegal bets made in the pits. Gamblers racing. Grudge racing. It's done all over the country on a regular basis. Money, guns, fast cars, booze and fists. That being said, I do agree with you that he probably thinks he's gonna be Johnny Streetracer, but he never said or implied street racing. With any luck, he'll get his car and try to take some money from me.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:19 AM   #38
Fender89
CF Newbie
 
Fender89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20
im getting the TT quattro, no thanks to your all fights about you is gayer
Fender89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:19 AM   #39
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That statement shows just how little you know about drag racing. I make money all the time on a sanctioned drag strip by gambling. That's right, I said it, racing for money, parts or cars. Illegal bets made in the pits. Gamblers racing. Grudge racing. It's done all over the country on a regular basis. Money, guns, fast cars, booze and fists. That being said, I do agree with you that he probably thinks he's gonna be Johnny Streetracer, but he never said or implied street racing. With any luck, he'll get his car and try to take some money from me.
So you break the law? Didnt see that one coming. He DID imply it. I dont know how you dont see that.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:22 AM   #40
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
So you break the law? Didnt see that one coming. He DID imply it. I dont know how you dont see that.
Yeah, I'm pretty worried about getting busted for gambling at a privately owned track. You should worry more about advertising the fact that you smoke dope and do hit and runs. I'm still waiting for you to show me where he implied street racing.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #41
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yeah, I'm pretty worried about getting busted for gambling at a privately owned track. You should worry more about advertising the fact that you smoke dope and do hit and runs. I'm still waiting for you to show me where he implied street racing.
It was molasses, not dope. I showed you where he implied it, and I want to see if others see the same thing I do. Maybe you just never want to admit that you are wrong?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:25 AM   #42
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
It was molasses, not dope. I showed you where he implied it, and I want to see if others see the same thing I do. Maybe you just never want to admit that you are wrong?
Or maybe he never implied it. You still haven't show me a reference to or an implication of street racing. And WTF are you on about now? What does molasses have to do with anything?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #43
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Or maybe he never implied it. You still haven't show me a reference to or an implication of street racing. And WTF are you on about now? What does molasses have to do with anything?
Well you said I smoke dope. You got that idea from the hooka. The hooka is filled with tobbaco and molasses. You are wrong there. I pointed it out at least once, so check again.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:29 AM   #44
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Well you said I smoke dope. You got that idea from the hooka. The hooka is filled with tobbaco and molasses. You are wrong there. I pointed it out at least once, so check again.
There is no implication of street racing, it's just your imagination... And YOUR inability to admit that you're wrong.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:54 AM   #45
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender89
im getting the TT quattro, no thanks to your all fights about you is gayer
Sure you are. Maybe for your 13th birthday.

__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.