Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

What kind of...

...candyassed sh*t is this. There is no good reason for this thread to be closed, except for a moderator with too much time on their hands. It is not now, nor has it ever been a mod's job to keep a thread on topic or determine if it's too old to keep open. That is a fact that has been determined and covered many times before. Wait a minute, this isn't just another power trip, is it? You betcha!

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

It didn't need to get locked, it was already almost dead, so it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference, but shouldn't have been locked, because someone might still have something useful to add...

BTW from now on, I'm writing in Arial 3 (14) for easier reading, and to make my posts look longer lol.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

tbaxleyjr , if your going to be a mod (well, a good one at least) then you need to keep your personal viewpoints out of other people's threads. So what if the discussion had changed to "who said what" and why they were wrong, they were still arguing over the point of the thread.

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
...candyassed sh*t is this. There is no good reason for this thread to be closed, except for a moderator with too much time on their hands. It is not now, nor has it ever been a mod's job to keep a thread on topic or determine if it's too old to keep open. That is a fact that has been determined and covered many times before. Wait a minute, this isn't just another power trip, is it? You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Handbook
One of the options on the menu is to close threads (Open/Close thread). Threads need to be closed if they are discussing outdated information, the topic already exists and it's one of the first 25 topics in the forum, or most importantly, if the thread has turned into a flaming war. Flaming wars can occur quite easily and usually sprout from a small misunderstanding of some kind. When you see this occur, you should close the thread immediately and post the problem in the staff forum, providing a link to the thread. If you don't do this fast enough, then the flaming war can hurt friendships, and spread to other parts of the board
I'm not out to intentionally disagree with everything you say, hobo, but the above quote was from our 'guidelines' so to speak, and were put in place by the Admin here (they obviously weren't there when you were a Mod). Having just refreshed with them....I think I've been quite fair in the past, as really, all the time you say we are 'abusing' our powers, we're actually doing a proper job lol. I strongly believe that if we enforced all of that, then CF might suffer as a result, so that's where using initiative comes in to play. I'm not saying I dont agree with what uff wrote, but I'm thinking of you guys and dont wanna lose any of ya from CF! *hopes that doesn't sound too gay lol*

I'll PM this thread to tbax as he never really checks other stuff out lol, he needs to fight his corner afterall!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-26-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote