Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Just a quick moan....

Dont worry, I wont stick this one lol. Just wanted to ask you all to review you signature field. I've noticed recently, and been advised too, that some of the sigs around here are getting ridiculous. It seems mainly to do with all the "Fan Club" banners. I dont have a problem with any of you joining a fan club, as pointless as it may be (even I'm a member of the "nobody inparticular" fan club.....but that's more of a rebellion against the others lol), but can you not restrict yourselves as to how many you join?

Generally speaking, a sig should not put a strain on the average (15"?) monitor. In other words, you shouldn't have to scroll across due to an excessively wide signature. Also, some of you have displayed just one, large picture in this field, where this might be the same size as other sigs with a couple of pictures in them, it appears alot larger due to it being on it's own. Also, your signatures should not contain any links to sites etc, unless it's the Photo Bucket thingy that appears on all Photoshoped pics. Ok, that's the end of my moan. I would apreciate your assistance in checking out, and if necessary, resizing your own sigs. If you are not sure if your sig's acceptable, feel free to PM myself or another Mod, or post here. I you are not sure and just ignor it, be aware that it might just disappear!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-01-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

I thought I was gonna see a video of some hot chick moaning
But noooooo....Cliffy has to go on and play tricks on my mind
Old 04-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
I thought I was gonna see a video of some hot chick moaning
But noooooo....Cliffy has to go on and play tricks on my mind
Hey....what's your name? GreekWarrior?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

my sig too big?

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
my sig too big?
Your one's not bad.....look at mine for a template.....yes I know, I edited it last week lol. It shouldn't really be any bigger as I consider mine to be boarderline!

Old 04-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
Bubba
null

Ok, i'll shrink mine down a bit
Old 04-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

I shall fix my sig cause I know I've had a complaint of my sig being too big. I'll switch it up.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Is mine too big?
Old 04-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Is mine too big?
Your sig might be a little too wide for some....

Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #10
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

do peoples screen sizes really play a part in this? Because I have a fairly decent screen about 12 up 15 across of actual screen (guestimation) and the biggest sigs that I come across is yours (cliffy) and gw's. What can make it seem bigger for others? The color setting?
Old 04-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
do peoples screen sizes really play a part in this? Because I have a fairly decent screen about 12 up 15 across of actual screen (guestimation) and the biggest sigs that I come across is yours (cliffy) and gw's. What can make it seem bigger for others? The color setting?
Screen size is measured diagonally across the screen. I think I have a 15" screen, and yours appears too wide in my opinion. Believe me sal, I've viewed sigs that are twice the size of mine here the past few weeks!...

Edit: infact, yours is probably boarderline, as the light grey part at the left of the screen isn't strained at all (kinda skinny lol)

Old 04-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #12
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Screen size is measured diagonally across the screen. I think I have a 15" screen, and yours appears too wide in my opinion. Believe me sal, I've viewed sigs that are twice the size of mine here the past few weeks!...

Edit: infact, yours is probably boarderline, as the light grey part at the left of the screen isn't strained at all (kinda skinny lol)

what do you mean by strained? Its not indented? Well I tried to make it smaller, but I don't know what size to make it because there is something that goes on from photoshop to photobucket and it resizes funny (example I made it the same size as my old sig which was 4 inches by .8 inches, but it showed across the page as a good size, but my new one stayed the same as it is now and even lost resolution...so yea if you know how to fix that problem I'll gladly make it smaller.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
what do you mean by strained? Its not indented? Well I tried to make it smaller, but I don't know what size to make it because there is something that goes on from photoshop to photobucket and it resizes funny (example I made it the same size as my old sig which was 4 inches by .8 inches, but it showed across the page as a good size, but my new one stayed the same as it is now and even lost resolution...so yea if you know how to fix that problem I'll gladly make it smaller.
As I said, I think yours is ok....just boarderline!

Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #14
Bubba
null

Yeah everything really appears small on my monitors, so i forget how big it must be for others.. i'll see if this reduced size works

Old 04-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #15
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Is it good now?

Also I guess this kinda falls in here, how can I increase my resolution without having to scroll around the screen?/Is it possible? lol