Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #16
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Well the Sonata is as luxurious as Hyundai get over here lol. I know what you're saying, but if you read my previos post again, you'll realise that I actually said that I believe newyorker mentioned the Sonata because it's Hyundai's first real attempt to break into the luxury market. I didn't know they made a larger car, but surely the Sonata is more closely matched to the other two?
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/azera/azera.aspx Its the "lux car" of Hyundai now...

Cliffy, isnt it like 2 in the morning there or something?

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/azera/azera.aspx Its the "lux car" of Hyundai now...

Cliffy, isnt it like 2 in the morning there or something?
Thanx for the link...and no, It's 5:43pm here...but even if it was, it's nothing uncommon these days, for me to be here that late...two days last week I was here till 4am lol

Edit: that link doesn't work lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-05-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #18
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Thanx for the link...and no, It's 5:43pm here lol

Edit: that link doesn't work lol
Rofl... my bad...

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/azera/azera.aspx

Old 03-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Thanx, although it doesn't look alot different to the Sonata...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #20
newyorker
MXman

While you may not agree, I say that Maxima has always been a Luxury family car, and continiues the tradition. Hyundai is simply getting competetive in the market with the new Sonata. Check out the interior, you cant tell me you dont like it. It seems very polished for a hyundai.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #21
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Well the Sonata is as luxurious as Hyundai get over here lol. I know what you're saying, but if you read my previos post again, you'll realise that I actually said that I believe newyorker mentioned the Sonata because it's Hyundai's first real attempt to break into the luxury market. I didn't know they made a larger car, but surely the Sonata is more closely matched to the other two?

The Sonata doesnt match up with any of those...it matches up against the Altima, not the Maxima and it matches up against the Fusion more-so than the Zephyr.

Again, the Sonata isn't aimed towards any more luxury than a Camry or Accord is.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #22
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
While you may not agree, I say that Maxima has always been a Luxury family car, and continiues the tradition. Hyundai is simply getting competetive in the market with the new Sonata. Check out the interior, you cant tell me you dont like it. It seems very polished for a hyundai.

While you say the Maxima luxury family car, this is not in fact what Nissan claims it is...

Again it's a LARGE CAR, just like the Avalon, Five-Hundred, 300 and Azera. You can claim luxury all you want, but it is fact classified as a large car. Nissan, like Honda and Toyota dont make "luxury cars", their upper brand divisions do (Infiniti, Lexus and Acura).

Also, the Sonata is not aimed towards luxury, it's aimed the same way an Accord and Camry is, towards the mid-size sedan market, not any luxury market. Until Hyundai probably makes an upper brand division, they wont have a "luxury" vehicle by class probably.

~Blow your mind~

Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #23
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
While you say the Maxima luxury family car, this is not in fact what Nissan claims it is...

Again it's a LARGE CAR, just like the Avalon, Five-Hundred, 300 and Azera. You can claim luxury all you want, but it is fact classified as a large car. Nissan, like Honda and Toyota dont make "luxury cars", their upper brand divisions do (Infiniti, Lexus and Acura).

Also, the Sonata is not aimed towards luxury, it's aimed the same way an Accord and Camry is, towards the mid-size sedan market, not any luxury market. Until Hyundai probably makes an upper brand division, they wont have a "luxury" vehicle by class probably.
But the new Sonata is still the best Hyundai ive seen yet, nad its certainly more luxurious than the 05 camry and 04 accord ive sat in.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #24
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:

Doesn't matter who agrees with you, your opinion doesn't count for shit. The car is what its classed as, and the Maxima isn't classed as a luxury car, whether you think it is or isn't. So get your facts straight.

As for the reviews, try to be consistent. You didn't put MSRP for all three, and you didn't compare the same attributes. You repeated yourself in one (I think it was the Zephyr). Plus, you didn't roadtest any of the vehicles.

So what was the point of this again?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #25
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
So what was the point of this again?
There wasn't a point to this. It's Newyorker , does he ever have a valid point???
Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #26
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
But the new Sonata is still the best Hyundai ive seen yet, nad its certainly more luxurious than the 05 camry and 04 accord ive sat in.
2005 Toyota Camry XLE Interior (the most "lux" of all 2005 Camry's):

2006 Hyundai Sonata Interior:

I know the Camry pic is kinda small, but your comment on being "more luxurious" than a 2005 Camry is stupid IMO. I think the interiors look almost identical, perhaps even with the Hyundai as a direct copy of the Camry.
If you are comparing the most luxurious (the one pictured) Sonata to the CE (Collector's Edition, cheapest version of a Camry), you are stupid. The CE and the most lux Sonata are incomparable.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #27
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

The Maxima has been Nissan USA's flagship, but not even close to Nissan's actual luxury cars (which we got here as Infinitis). Hell, for a while Nissan rebadged the Maxima as an Infiniti with only grill and taillight changes, loaded it with leather and luxury features and sold it as an Infiniti and people actually thought it was different than the Maxima!

The Sonata is the newest Sonata line, but remember, the Hyundai XG350 was higher up the ladder even in the US. That's the car that is being replaced by the Azera (and the XG looked kind of like a Hyundaized Lincoln LS already).

The Azera features larger bulges over teh fenders than teh Sonata:

Hyundai has made great strides lately. Tha last Sonata was extrmely popular and turned out to be a pretty good car, if oddly styled. The new one is much cleaner and more mainstream. But it does NOT compete with the Lincoln. It's aimed squarely at the Acord/Camry/Altima/Fusion class.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #28
newyorker
MXman

Point of this post is to give my opinion on these cars. If you must be assholes about it, dont read it.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #29
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
...But it does NOT compete with the Lincoln. It's aimed squarely at the Acord/Camry/Altima/Fusion class.
Which I don't think I have to repeat for anyone other than Newyorker, the Accord/Camry/Altima/Fusion class is NOT a luxury class.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #30
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Many people would disagree with you on that statement, including myself. I still dont think the interior quality of the '06 Sonata LX-V6 is up to par with the 03-06 Accord EX-V6, is it vastly improved? Yes, but still not up to the class-leading Accord (while I may call it class leading, so does just about every reputable car magazine as well). I still havent seen a Sonata in front of the Accord overall in any review of the two nor have seen a review source saying the interior quality of the Sonata is better than the Accord.

~Blow your mind~