Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Help me identify this car.

OK guys,

Help me identify this car.

Two weeks ago, I spotted a car in a packed parking lot. Because of the traffic, I just couldnít catch it. This car was hot.

I only saw it for about 30 seconds, but I will try to describe it for you.

The color was a golden orange. (Very different tone from anything I have ever seen.)

I wouldnít call the car an exotic, more like a lite ninja style.

The car reminded me of a Corvette , but it had a back seat.

The front was low to ground at the nose rising gently to the windshield.

The car was sort of wedge shape front to tail with a very very low bubble roof line. There is very little metal in this roof, very thin top.

The major feature was a spoiler almost 3 feet high above the trunk. (Like the old Dodge Daytona) The spoiler was not connected to the rear deck. It was high enough to allow the trunk to open.

The spoiler was not an add on (I donít think). It was molded into the rear fenders. If this spoiler is an add on, then this guy spent tons to have it installed

Two door. No fender outlines Just flat surfaces across the top and rear.

There were two, (I believe fake), large air inlets in the rear quarter panel, in front of the rear wheel well. The top one is offset to the rear about 3 inches.

The marque on the back appeared to be round (not close enough to see it)

Canít describe the tail lights, but the back was rather big and flat. (Traffic drew my attention)

No chrome I could see.

Everything about the car said just off the showroom floor. (Tires, everything extremely clean)

The car is mid-size but built low to the ground. Beautiful air dam molded in the front.

I saw this car the weekend of the Oklahoma City Car Show. It could have been a proto, but I have never seen a proto driven around before.

Ok there it is. Find my car you magazine hogs.

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:22 AM   #2
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

im gonna check LLN

ill be back lol

edit- actually I dont think I can help,

the huge spoiler and back seats are what threw me off

sure it wasnt an extensively modified last gen supra?

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."

Last edited by nighthawk : 03-25-2007 at 04:27 AM.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #3
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

I was thinking Supra too....but the spoiler doesn't fit...
Old 03-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Aw, you guys are good.

In spite of my poor description, I think you have nailed it.

I have never seen one before, certainly not in this kind of dress and condition. I still haven't found one on the net that looks like this one. But I did find some that were close.

Norman is a small town, and I will see it again.

Sorry about the back seat but I would have sworn there was a third head back there. lol It all happened rather fast. It probably belongs to some kid going to OU.

Thanks again, give yourselves an A+

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
Old 03-26-2007, 02:31 AM   #5
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i was gunna say a ferrari f40 or f50... but then again, those are very very exotic looking, not to mention they dont have 3 foot spoilers, but they do appear to be extremely large, because they are...
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 AM   #6
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
i was gunna say a ferrari f40 or f50... but then again, those are very very exotic looking, not to mention they dont have 3 foot spoilers, but they do appear to be extremely large, because they are...

im guessing really far out, mostly because I know jcutsche is pretty much on the same level as the hobo and chrisV, he would know if it were some ferrari

Im actually dying to see a pic

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
Old 03-26-2007, 03:23 AM   #7
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

out of nowhere, I just spent like an hour reading the miata thread, for the 3rd time

im probably going to own a miata someday, im 5.2

Old 03-26-2007, 05:18 AM   #8
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
im guessing really far out, mostly because I know jcutsche is pretty much on the same level as the hobo and chrisV, he would know if it were some ferrari

oh, ok for sure. ive never seen him before... then again, i havent been here in a long time
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk

I assumed said car would be something really rare.....for the same reasons you mention above, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
oh, ok for sure. ive never seen him before... then again, i havent been here in a long time
He's been here for sometime, he's just not a whore, lol......

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Thanks for the flowers Guys.

Hi Cliffy. Ya, I am here all the time, but your right. I normally just sit and laugh instead of posting. You can learn more with your mouth shut then with it open.

I have about a hundred guys looking for this car. You won't believe what this guy has done. It is a work of art. I'll find it and get pictures, and story.
It's a thing of beauty. You will understand why I didn't recognized it. We don't usually get the kind on quality here.

Watch for a post coming soon. I found the car I learned how to drive in. It's a 1929 T Model Ford Pickup. I will explain in the post with pics.

Oh, by the way, on my birthday, I received an email from CF, but my name and age didn't show up on the bottom of the main page. What's the matter couldn't the software deal with the big numbers?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
Oh, by the way, on my birthday, I received an email from CF, but my name and age didn't show up on the bottom of the main page. What's the matter couldn't the software deal with the big numbers?
No. When you reach 117yrs old CF's software can't handle it.....

Did you chose to keep your Birthday hidden from the public? If it's possible.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #12
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
No. When you reach 117yrs old CF's software can't handle it.....

Did you chose to keep your Birthday hidden from the public? If it's possible.

Well, I am not going to get any younger. So in order to prevent the site form crashing 11 months from now, I suggest you fix it.

I think 117 is quite a reach. Don't you?

Oh ya, I am a big boy now. I don't have to hide nuttin...

Old 03-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #13
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

This bad boy? The taillights would've been the easiest identifier to describe in words.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #14
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27

This bad boy? The taillights would've been the easiest identifier to describe in words.
Thanks PF.
I didn't get to see the tails lights. People were trying to run over me. lol

Picture the car you have shown, with the spoiler about a foot higher with square corners, Twin rectangular air inlets on the rear quarter panel, a hood that slops a little more drastic with twin air inlets on the hood, lowered to about five inches off the deck, five spoke chrome wheels to die for, square formed fender edges all the way around instead of those gentle rounded curves, and a golden orange hand rubbed paint job, shinning like a dime in a goats a$$, and you got the car.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #15
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
Thanks PF.
I didn't get to see the tails lights. People were trying to run over me. lol

Picture the car you have shown, with the spoiler about a foot higher with square corners, Twin rectangular air inlets on the rear quarter panel, a hood that slops a little more drastic with twin air inlets on the hood, lowered to about five inches off the deck, five spoke chrome wheels to die for, square formed fender edges all the way around instead of those gentle rounded curves, and a golden orange hand rubbed paint job, shinning like a dime in a goats a$$, and you got the car.

I want pics if you see it again.