Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2005, 01:42 AM   #16
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

I've had this problem a couple of times mainly on quoting and long ass post, after the third time its happened I usually just copy and paste the long post/quote and if it doesn't work, when the site loads back up I just paste it back in. That usually works for me anyways.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:49 AM   #17
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Were the entire Forums down for everyone just now?...For like 10 minutes
Old 12-20-2005, 02:50 AM   #18
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Were the entire Forums down for everyone just now?...For like 10 minutes

there is truth in these words that you typed
Old 12-20-2005, 04:27 AM   #19
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
there is truth in these words that you typed

Experienced that as well, I did.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #20
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Even more of a pisser is that it doesn't lock up for a while and you get complacent about copying your post before submitting. Then you type a five paragraph post like I just did and...

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:07 PM   #21
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Even more of a pisser is that it doesn't lock up for a while and you get complacent about copying your post before submitting. Then you type a five paragraph post like I just did and...

I don't understand what complacent means and I looked it up in the dictionary , but how does yours freeze up maybe this can help solving a problem with it. I type in the post sometimes with the quote(mostly with quotes) and hit submit and it usually doesn't freeze over until I move the mouse again and this can get very frustrating
Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 PM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
I don't understand what complacent means and I looked it up in the dictionary , but how does yours freeze up maybe this can help solving a problem with it. I type in the post sometimes with the quote(mostly with quotes) and hit submit and it usually doesn't freeze over until I move the mouse again and this can get very frustrating
Yep, same thing. Post with quotes, usually pretty long. Hit preview or submit and it just sits there and looks at you doing nothing. As soon as I move the mouse, hourglass and it's all over but the bitching.

What are they teaching in school these days that you don't know the meaning of complacent? At least you know how to use a dictionary.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 12-20-2005, 09:24 PM   #23
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Cliffy, why are you wasting time moving this thread instead of deleting/editing advertisements? The original post in this thread is neither a feedback or a suggestion. What it is Cliffy, is an off topic question which is why it was placed in off topic. I suggest that instead of pointlessly and arbitrarily moving threads around, you concentrate on doing what you do best... NOTHING.
I might have known you'd complain....I thought it was better placed here...end of story

as for the adverts....I'm not even gonna warrent you with an answer as I have deleted numerous ads as they have appeared...and wil continue to do so.

Also, please dont start your whining again or I'll be forced to close this thread...So, be warned

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I might have known you'd complain....I thought it was better placed here...end of story

as for the adverts....I'm not even gonna warrent you with an answer as I have deleted numerous ads as they have appeared...and wil continue to do so.

Also, please dont start your whining again or I'll be forced to close this thread...So, be warned
Big bad Cliffy has spoken. Is this where you come to make up for the fact that you're totally ineffectual as a human being? BTW, if you were actually deleting the spam instead of threatening to misuse your moderator powers, you'd have a bunch more taken care of than you do now. The times always tell the story.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:41 AM   #25
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Forums went down again...I'm guessing for everyone else...what if it happens again tomorrow but it's permanent

I think bandwidth is getting too high...
Old 12-21-2005, 06:42 AM   #26
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Big bad Cliffy has spoken. Is this where you come to make up for the fact that you're totally ineffectual as a human being? BTW, if you were actually deleting the spam instead of threatening to misuse your moderator powers, you'd have a bunch more taken care of than you do now. The times always tell the story.
Blah Blah Blah...*Picks the hobo's rattle up from the floor as it's a bit of a distance from that high horse*

btw, whilst we're on the topic. Although I dont have to explain myself to you, I will...for the final time.....I looked at this topic as a Forum Feedback, eg; you were asking for, aswell as, giving ffedback to a Forum fault

Getting swiftly back on topic though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Knows
Forums went down again...I'm guessing for everyone else...what if it happens again tomorrow but it's permanent

I think bandwidth is getting too high...
It's been happening to me just now....seems to go like that once in a while

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote