Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #16
Aondor
CF Addict

wow

I live in nowhere wv you can do what ever you want.
My jeep has no exhaust now what to speek off exhaust manifold to nothing got sick of fixing it and ripped it off.
people run straight pipes side pipes one guys runs around without a hood in his hot rod no one cares
Old 03-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #17
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddragoner
Agreed, we can't even remove the stupid catalytic or have a loud muffler. A cop can pull you over for absolutly no reason to give you a VI if he finds one thing wrong and is in a grumpy mood...I had a friend that got pulled over for having a lifted truck, cop couldn't find anything so he lied his speed (after telling him that he pulled him over to give him a VI) and wrote a ticket. Non the less, he debuted the ticket and won

We can get VI's simply for having a car thats too loud(I think its like 80dB or somethin like that) but thats stereo or exhaust...

I know someone who had a GTI with a hole in the exhaust, got pulled over, VI, failed miserably, tons of unpaid tickets, lost his license for a year.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #18
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'm assuming VI = Vehicle Inspection?....we have the MoT over here (Ministry of Transport), which is basically a yearly test that all cars over 3yrs old must take by law. Other than that, the Police can issue a ticket for an un-roadworthy vehicle and make sure it's repaired and tested within a certain number of days!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #19
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm assuming VI = Vehicle Inspection?....we have the MoT over here (Ministry of Transport), which is basically a yearly test that all cars over 3yrs old must take by law. Other than that, the Police can issue a ticket for an un-roadworthy vehicle and make sure it's repaired and tested within a certain number of days!

Well here in BC, we have "Aircare", which is an emissions test. You get one of those every two years if the car is newer than '92, or every one year of the car is older than that.

We also have VI's (Vehicle Inspection) which aren't a routine thing, but if a cop or something notices half your car is rusted off, they can make you get one. Then you take it in and they make sure your car is safe for the road, and other things like window tint, ride height, etc...