Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #16
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
and hobo, as for soaking in the sun... wouldnt a convertible be the best no matter what?
My thoughts exactly.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:29 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
and hobo, as for soaking in the sun... wouldnt a convertible be the best no matter what? as theres nothing covering you
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
My thoughts exactly.
Attention all e-tards. I didn't ask the question, the OP did. Now were you going to answer my question to you, or ignore it like you did his?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:40 PM   #18
True_Brit
Has a new job!

it depends on what the car is i think, like id have a convertible if it was something like a Mercedes SL55 or a Jag XKR, t top if it was (lets say) a toyota MR-2 and civic or a merc for a panaramic roof

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #19
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Attention all e-tards. I didn't ask the question, the OP did. Now were you going to answer my question to you, or ignore it like you did his?
I didn't read the question clearly enough. I assumed that he meant overall. Besides, how do you know that to me looking good isn't part of the whole "taking in the rays" experience? Tough to enjoy the sun when you don't like your car .

F.Y.I. that last part is semi-sarcastic, which is tough for me to portray over the internet. I know I didn't read the original post closely enough.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #20
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Nothing beats driving around with the top down on a nice summer day.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #21
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Being a female. I prefer sunroofs. I love convertibles but since I have long hair, I'd rather not spend a lot of time making it pretty and then just having it messed up by the wind. When I'm in either one of my cars, I love looking up at the sky through the roof. And I can do that and not have the wind mess up my hair. So sunroofs get my vote. Dont get me wrong though, there are days when I tie my hair up in a pony tail and let the wind whip it around, but that's only when I'm not going anywhere special.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #22
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast

convertibles are not overly practical were i come we have this little thing called winter, in winter it rains which means you can't drive with the roof down, every day driven ragtops look crtappy over time, which makes them ugly, but a while a go in summer i hired a convertible porshce Boxster of the day and it way cool driving with the top off, put not something i want every day and on top of it, it wrecks the cars handling and makes the chasis sloppy
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #23
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT-R
not something i want every day and on top of it, it wrecks the cars handling and makes the chasis sloppy

Which, of course, is why most of the best true sports cars hav been convertibles. 'cause w all know how sloppy Miatas, S200s, etc are...

Oh, and I have that little thing called Winter, too. In fact, for most of my life I lived in Seattle, where rain was a year round concern. I also (*gasp*) have always had more than one car.

And the original question was "I was just curious for soaking in rays what everyone here prefers?" not "for what's most practical in a daily driver what everyone here prefers?"

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Which, of course, is why most of the best true sports cars hav been convertibles. 'cause w all know how sloppy Miatas, S200s, etc are...

Oh, and I have that little thing called Winter, too. In fact, for most of my life I lived in Seattle, where rain was a year round concern. I also (*gasp*) have always had more than one car.

And the original question was "I was just curious for soaking in rays what everyone here prefers?" not "for what's most practical in a daily driver what everyone here prefers?"
STOP IT. You're reading what the OP actually asked then applying common sense and experience to the situation. THAT WILL NEVER WORK HERE! Conform to the group. Speak about things that you do not know. Make facts up if you have to.

I just don't know what's wrong with people like you.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 07-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #25
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Damnit! Forgot that rule AGAIN!

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 07-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #26
True_Brit
Has a new job!

we have something called english weather!!!
its sunny and hot for only a month or two at the least

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
we have something called english weather!!!
its sunny and hot for only a month or two at the least
Then you have to ask yourself this. Why is it that the UK has probably had a higher percentage of car models that were convertibles compared to all models over the last 50 years than any other country? There must be a reason.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #28
True_Brit
Has a new job!

maybe the sun has poked itself out here and there but it does rain lots and get windy but the coastal roads of devon and cornwall are nice to drive round when it is sunny in a soft top.
and most of the folding tin tops, soft top owners bring there cars out in the summer sun!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:

Last edited by True_Brit : 07-23-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #29
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Man, some of you act lke it doesn't snow or rain anywhere else in the world...

Wusses.

Funny how a cold, rainy, foggy country like England has produced more folding top sports cars than anywhere else. And many of them were true roadsters that didn't even have side windows!

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 07-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #30
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Did you two take the time to read the man's question or are you starting your own new thread? He didn't ask about looks, he asked "I was just curious for soaking in rays what everyone here prefers?" For the life of me I can't find where he asked for your opinions on styling.

He asked what they prefer...if they don't prefer it because of styling, then what's wrong with that? His question didn't ask anything specific besides what they "prefer".

By the way, I prefer convertibles. None of the others beat cruising with the top down on a fair weather day.

Last edited by Bronxie : 07-23-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote