Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2006, 04:01 AM   #1
Hott99Camaro
CF Newbie

ATS sensor 99 Camaro 3.8

Hey CAMARO fans i was wondering if anyone could help me with this sensor its a ATS sensor needing to locate anybody know the #'s on it? Tell me which one it is? I have a 99 Camaro 3.8L.

Thanks
Hott99Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:23 AM   #2
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hott99Camaro
Hey CAMARO fans i was wondering if anyone could help me with this sensor its a ATS sensor needing to locate anybody know the #'s on it? Tell me which one it is? I have a 99 Camaro 3.8L.

Thanks

it should be on or near your airbox (not that familiar w/ 4th gens)

that being said, vwhobo was right, assuming you're wanting to do the mat resistor mod. you're best off feeding it to your dog. in most casses, that modification actually detracts from performance. google it and see what the consensus is before you add it...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Hott99Camaro
CF Newbie

when i was reading about it there were tons of feedbacks and they all said better throttle response. Doesnt it just readjust the ECU. to make higher rpms, and more horse?? It it reduces it i will feed it to my dog!! I was gonna give it a try tho. Thanks for the replies
Hott99Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hott99Camaro
when i was reading about it there were tons of feedbacks and they all said better throttle response. Doesnt it just readjust the ECU. to make higher rpms, and more horse?? It it reduces it i will feed it to my dog!! I was gonna give it a try tho. Thanks for the replies

if you give us a part number and maufacturer, we can tell you more info, but if it is what i'm thinking of, it just tries to fool the computer into thinking it's cold all the time and richens the mixture across the board...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
if you give us a part number and maufacturer, we can tell you more info, but if it is what i'm thinking of, it just tries to fool the computer into thinking it's cold all the time and richens the mixture across the board...
... Until the PCM goes into closed loop mode and the O2 sensor takes over. I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again. The so called "chip" may increase power under very specific conditions over a very minimal range. Most of the time they do nothing but cost money and may even confuse the PCM. Besides, instead of paying $20 on eBay, I can (and have) produced them for the cost of 79 cents plus tax for five of them, and that's paying full retail at Radio Shack.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote