Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #31
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
the car looks great,

how much horsep0wer do you think you're putting out currently?
I know the car is light as hell (as long as you didnt replace the interior, but still its a hatchback civic lol)

if you lived in my town you would have by far the cleanest and believe it or not the fastest civic in town

Thanks nighthawk! As for hp I have to agree with newyorker, guessing somewhere around 160-180whp.

Newyorker, I have considered a lighter flywheel, and opted against it. I've had the displeasure of driving a 99 Civic Si with a 8.5 lbs. flywheel and absolutely hated it. Yeah, it revved faster. It was also a pain to get moving from a standstill. If you let off the clutch like you normally would, you'd stall. You let off too quickly and you'd chirp. Rev high and let off, your putting more strain on the clutch which is bad. Rev high and let off quickly and you'd just sit there on a rainy day spinning in a big cloud of smoke. Chirping and burning out is not something I want to be doing at the stop lights especially when sitting next to a cop. I also don't want to mess up the amount of rotating mass that Honda engineers deemed necessary for the health and happiness of my motor. I'm fine with how my motor revs, I don't dread being stuck on an uphill. Lastly, I'm building another JDM B16A excpet this one's getting boosted. Some of the things I've spent money on on this motor I will also use on the boosted motor (things like transmission, MSD, valve cover, ...). So I don't really see a point to getting a lightened flywheel.

On the subject of timing, already looking to source some toda cam gears, but still deciding on cams though (not sure if I should get custom turbo cams made or if I will be able to afford them). As for 91+ octane, I already have to run that high an octane being as how it's a high compression motor that knocks with anything less.
Oh, and the exhaust has plenty of back pressure, that's what the twin loop is for.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:36 AM   #32
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
So it's been over a year since I did a photoshoot and there's a good reason for that. I've been really busy getting her to where I'm happy. And I'm glad to say she's so much closer now than she was back in May of '06. Some of the changes include complete new paint (finally fixed that rear panel and rust), lip, wheels, sidemarkers, engine bay makeover, etc.

Nice set of wheels. Those are actually some pretty impressive pictures. Did you shoot them yourself or did you have a professional do them?

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #33
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Nice set of wheels. Those are actually some pretty impressive pictures. Did you shoot them yourself or did you have a professional do them?
WOW, that's one hell of a compliment! Thanks! I took them and edited them myself.

I could have taken much better shots if I had a better camera. All I could afford for my birthday was Sony DSC-H3. I really wanted a Canon Digital Rebel XTi.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #34
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
WOW, that's one hell of a compliment! Thanks! I took them and edited them myself.

I could have taken much better shots if I had a better camera. All I could afford for my birthday was Sony DSC-H3. I really wanted a Canon Digital Rebel XTi.

You should get into photography, at least as a hobby. The way you used the ambient light in the first 2 of pictures is actually pretty impressive. Also the engine bay shot with the light subtlety reflecting off the valve cover. The one where the car is reflecting off the body of water is a cool idea, but you should have change the shutter speed so you don't get such a reflection off the body of your car. But I assume you did that all in one day so the sun was just at that point where you can not do anything about it. Trust me, I know

This months issue of Modified or Import 2NR (or whatever) has a JDM white hatch just like yours. I remember thinking, "Great, another issue with a JDM Honda. We get it, Honda's are cool and they are also sold in the worlds most overpopulated piece of land" (Not against you, I'm just sick of paying $30 year to see the same Honda over and over). But a few of those photos do look professional quality.

I've been using the Cannon S5 SLR for most of my photos. I originally bought it for my business, but it has progressed into actually shooting models with merchandise for catalog/online purposes.

Anywhos, nice car and great pictures.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #35
elchango36
WWJCD

Thanks DSMer for the wonderful comments, I really appreciate them. I've actually been wanting to get into photography for a few years now. I've just never been able to afford it. This is my first camera and I'm still learning how to use it. I think my photography skills are far from professional. Do you have any tips for an amateur such as myself?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #36
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Thanks DSMer for the wonderful comments, I really appreciate them. I've actually been wanting to get into photography for a few years now. I've just never been able to afford it. This is my first camera and I'm still learning how to use it. I think my photography skills are far from professional. Do you have any tips for an amateur such as myself?
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46...y-new-pix.html

Very good guide, for cars anyway
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #37
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

I'm no professional, I'm just able to afford some decent equipment. I actually learned a lot of "techniques" , so to speak, from a photographer that I hired to do a few catalog pictures. My best advice.... head over to your local book store and pick up a few on photography. This is just to learn your basics about aperture, exposure, light settings, lenses etc...

Then start taking pictures. You have a digital camera, so just go nuts. When I got my macro, wide angle and zoom lenses I must have taken about 1500 pictures of just random things using different settings and options.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #38
elchango36
WWJCD

Thanks for the link newyorker!

DSMer: Thanks for the tips. I need your opinion on lenses and filters. Is brand name important? Sony makes lenses and filters for my camera, but they're really expensive. I have found lens and filter kits on ebay for cheap, but they're not Sony lenses. Is brand name important when it comes to lenses?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #39
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks for the link newyorker!

DSMer: Thanks for the tips. I need your opinion on lenses and filters. Is brand name important? Sony makes lenses and filters for my camera, but they're really expensive. I have found lens and filter kits on ebay for cheap, but they're not Sony lenses. Is brand name important when it comes to lenses?

Like with anything else, you're always going to get what you pay for. Then in some instances you're going to pay for more than what you get. Sony "generally" makes good lenses, however I'm not a brand whore.

Check out This Place . They have good reviews of cameras and camera related accessories.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #40
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

aww man shes a beaut. nice job man

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #41
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote: