Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 04:33 AM   #16
Wonderbread7608
CF Newbie

WOW. That was nice, I think I will start looking into miatas again. I wanted one a few months ago, but on a different forum, everyone said they were sissy cars, and they sucked. I am drooling over those skidpad numbers. I have seen people spend a couple thousand on their civic and not make it to 1.00

Great Post!
Old 07-17-2004, 11:33 PM   #17
SuperJew
I like pie.

great job! too bad I don't have the attention span to read the whole two parts...

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 07-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #18
heebee
CF Enthusiast

In case anyone in the USA is interested, Maitas are called MX-5s in the UK. I think I prefer our name.

Basically, Mazda spotted a huge hole in the market that had been left open by MG and Triumph. So they took a little styling from the Elan, the sound of an MGB (they actually engineered the exhaust note to sound the same, apparently) and then, to top it all off, decided to build it properly. I love them to bits.

But a small word of warning: I think the trick with adjusting the timing to get more power only works on early 1.6 litre models. The early 1.6 engine is the pick of the bunch: later 1.6s were detuned, so they didn't embarass the new 1.8 engine!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the MX-5 is now the most successful sports car (in terms of production numbers) of all time.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:32 AM   #19
Mustang90210
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
great job! too bad I don't have the attention span to read the whole two parts...

I skipped a few paragraphs, but i enjoyed reading it.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #20
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

There a lot of people that go about saying ha thats a girls car or a sissy car etc... There the type of people that haven actully driven or havent even been in the car.. which makes there comments as useless as a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest. I never had anything aganist the miata or as we call it the MX-5 its also known as the Eunos

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Old 07-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #21
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
i should be allowed to test drive that seat package :P
i dont give up on the car, but i really cant say much until someone manages to fit me in there comfortably
Good Post, John. Don't stop writing.

I have a similar problem. (6ft, 60-70% leg). But the miata is a very good car for its size. The only problem i see for me is the legroom. That is why i like my mk2 Supra. Always had a problem with legroom. Never could sight the back seat of any car for a long period of time, including the newer SUVs.

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Old 08-02-2004, 06:55 AM   #22
MILFhunter
CF Newbie

Yes, I enjoyed reading your post, and I definitely respect your views and acknowledge the miata's potential. No hard feelings, but I just cant get over how small they are. Today I pulled up in my SLK32 to a middle-aged man in a miata, and they just look so small to me. Otherwise, yeah, they are fun cars for people of all ages. By the way, doesnt the 320hp crossfire have a supercharged V6? (which was stolen, or borrowed, from the mercedes SLK32...but it pumps out 28 less hp)... And the base version has the same as the SLK320, right? around 210hp or so.....And do you know if they plan to make a s/c inline 4 for the crossfire? Oh, how much did you pay for your crossfire anyways, cause it's basically the same car as my SLK, if it does have the s/c V6? I got mine off the lot for $57K
Old 08-03-2004, 12:18 AM   #23
enron fever
CF Addict

mmm...well, while i respect your opinion, i still think the miata is a plastic toy car. i'm sure it can go very very fast, but it's still a little plastic toy car.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:44 PM   #24
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
mmm...well, while i respect your opinion, i still think the miata is a plastic toy car. i'm sure it can go very very fast, but it's still a little plastic toy car.

Nice. Plan to be closed minded all your life, or do you plan on growing up in the near future? Do you understand sports cars at all?

Spare me your immature whining about opinions, ok? You can be of the opinion X is true even if X is demostrably false. Holding on tightly to that belief just because you have a right to it just proves you to be stupid.

While it may be your perception, it's based on a retarded set of assumptions.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-18-2004, 03:59 AM   #25
RICHO
CF Newbie

ahahahahaha well yeh me to
Old 08-24-2004, 02:14 AM   #26
RICHO
CF Newbie

aasfasd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kenshinsig%20copy.jpg (51.5 KB, 68 views)
Old 12-15-2004, 03:52 PM   #27
brooaroad
CF Newbie

Ya i am a lover of the little 2 seater sport cars... at the moment i currently own a 1978 Fiat X1/9 1300 special series which i just had reconditioned and it runs like a dream!!!! i dont know if i like the MX-5's tho because there is to many of them out there and they dont have enough road presence for my liking. another thing is i quite like euro's because i personaly think japs r overrated. i havnt been in a nice one tho i have only been in an old one.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:12 PM   #28
b_DuB13
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbread7608
WOW. That was nice, I think I will start looking into miatas again. I wanted one a few months ago, but on a different forum, everyone said they were sissy cars, and they sucked. I am drooling over those skidpad numbers. I have seen people spend a couple thousand on their civic and not make it to 1.00

Great Post!

hate to ask noob questions, but I might as well ask here than just go around not knowing...
but what does the skidpad measure, how do you test your car on it, and etc etc

PROJECT CAR:
1982 datsun 280zx
121,000 ish miles.
non turbo (for now)
3 speed auto (for now)
silver, black detail.
(pics soon)
Old 12-30-2004, 07:01 AM   #29
RusMan
CF Enthusiast

Well, all I can say is that's a very well written article, and I totally agree with you. I love mx-5's, they're small and look girly but I like it, and RWD is so much fun to drive . In fact I'm thinking of buying one in a near future, that is if I can save enough money for it.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #30
Bullet Ride
CF Newbie

about miatias...this will cream your pants..

you can fit an ls1 engine from a camaro/trans am/corvette in it

theres companies that will do the engine/tranny/rear end swap for under $6000 including all the parts

so lets see, a 327 rwhp 1800 car that can already outhandle pretty much anything near its price

then maybe get a cam, some headers, exhaust and some bolt ons for the ls1 and youre up to 400-600hp depending on how good you are...thats a 9 second car for under 20k

but i hear with the ls1 theres no room for any forced induction systems

theres a ton of monster miatas with for 302's

but no small block compares to the might ls1

www.ls1tech.com
Closed Thread