Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 10:58 PM   #46
freescopesdad
CF Newbie

John, you have got to be kidding. As a Miata owner and racer, its obvious that you don't know anything about them. Are you really 63 and lonely, or 13 and playing with mom's computer?

Ron
Old 02-25-2005, 01:54 AM   #47
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by freescopesdad
John, you have got to be kidding. As a Miata owner and racer, its obvious that you don't know anything about them. Are you really 63 and lonely, or 13 and playing with mom's computer?

Ron

With no substance to substanciate your opinion, you accuse someone of not knowing anything, being lonely and "playing with mom's computer"?

You...my noob "friend"...are the one left with the burden of proof.

I see none--to your discredit!

Return to your hole from where you crawled out.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 02-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #48
speeder
CF Enthusiast

Dud that is the longest and best written post i have ever read. Nice work man. I'm begining to enjoy signing up for this forum.

"All units be advised, be on the look out for a black sports car, last seen going airbourne near the highway overpass. The SPEEDER is travelling at well over the speed limit, pursue with caution"
Old 02-25-2005, 05:52 PM   #49
freescopesdad
CF Newbie

You people are easily entertained. Let me debunk a few of John's claims...
1. the lightest Miata since 1990 weighed nearly 2200 pounds, not 1800. The current models weigh between 2488 and 2566.
2. a 6 speed transmission is no guarantee of durability
3. where is mention of a heavy-duty clutch?
4. a Miata on stock internals will self-destruct at 30 psi...try 16 if you are lucky, and more like 9.5 - 12 depending on model year. 340 HP on stock internals? Hahaha...
5. for effective breaking, upgraded pads are a necessity, not just stainless lines.
6. I'd really like to see those 10" wide wheels that he has on the rear of his car...maybe 8.5, but really they are not needed and will just make the car understeer.
7. Monster Miata did indeed market kits to convert NA Miatas to Ford smallblock V8 power...they haven't been in business in several years, and a former partner is in jail for murder.

Need I go on?

Ron
Old 02-26-2005, 04:41 AM   #50
ToCkS
CF Newbie

Great post John. Probably the only long post that I have enjoyed so far. Very interesting. I personally always loved the Miata as my uncle owned one and we used to have tons of fun until he started his own family and had to sell it.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:00 AM   #51
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

the miata is amazing period. dont care what everyone else thinks. They have so much potenial and have such a great ride, out of the box.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #52
808state
CF Newbie

Monster Miatas are stupid.

Good topic with strong points made. I can agree with your defense for Miatas from the sporty, curvey hill thrillride, high reving car that my friend let me test. Until he dropped in a 5.0 L V-8 in it and killed everythying great about it that you mentioned. Gas Mileage?

Last edited by 808state : 02-28-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #53
Davie
CF Newbie

Thumbs up Thanks for your fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by freescopesdad

Ron
Aha,your sentences is very good.I have a good fun.This is the first time I come the forums and see your topic.I feel it very good.This is Shanghai,China.I think you have ever heard the city.I love my homeland and hope you be a good people.Wish you
Old 03-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #54
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie
Aha,your sentences is very good.I have a good fun.This is the first time I come the forums and see your topic.I feel it very good.This is Shanghai,China.I think you have ever heard the city.I love my homeland and hope you be a good people.Wish you

That was awesome!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #55
freescopesdad
CF Newbie

You folks are a riot...you have the brainpower of pond scum...
Old 03-10-2005, 02:47 AM   #56
mumin
CF Newbie

I'm total noob and I like Miatas ..What are those skidpad numbers??? How is it upgrated to higher??
Old 03-10-2005, 03:49 AM   #57
pdt1793db
CF Newbie

I also do not fit in miatas very well but there cool little cars my friend has two and I have driven both of them one is strictly for track use and the other is street legal. I cant really put in a great deal of input considering Im rather new to the car world and can not offer stats to prove my point but that said miatas are still fun little durable cars they do sound like they are advertised for more of a chick market but if one can fit in them there a good time
Old 03-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #58
hammerthief
CF Newbie

love the Miata/MX5, went to a tyre/tire testing day at Millbrook (uk car proving ground). I found i could lap the 'alpine' circuit faster in the MX5 than everyone else did in the Porsche Boxster....should have seen their faces...I was then offered the Boxster and noone wanted to come along for the ride!! couldn't match my time in the Mazda. Went out again in Mazda to prove it wasn't luck...not quite as quick but jolly close.
Wish i'd got one but my Lotus Excel sounds so much better and is much rarer.....
Old 03-27-2005, 07:33 PM   #59
BrOoKlYnzZsIcKo
CF Newbie

Not to insult, John, but I think the Miata is, in fact, a girly car. I can't stand the size and I think there pretty much toys. They are quick I'll give you that. But not fast. The difference is that the Miata is quick but not fast. A skyline GT-R is a fast car, it climbs to the next gear quicker. Which car would win in a race? Skyline GT-R vs. Miata? Don't think so.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #60
boostOn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrOoKlYnzZsIcKo
Not to insult, John, but I think the Miata is, in fact, a girly car. I can't stand the size and I think there pretty much toys. They are quick I'll give you that. But not fast. The difference is that the Miata is quick but not fast. A skyline GT-R is a fast car, it climbs to the next gear quicker. Which car would win in a race? Skyline GT-R vs. Miata? Don't think so.

the basic point is that the miata was overengineered. it can be modified to have enormous power while still having great handling ability (the RX-7 mantra). it's light weight and low drivetrain loss are huge advantages over the GT-R. also, if you live in the US, maintenance and parts are readily available for low prices. Sure, its driven by many women and elder men, but it's potential as a racing car is undeniable.
Besides, how can you compare the GT-R with it's bigger engine, higher price, and unavailability in the US to a miata?

Hopefully you've seen the new NC, which is a 2L 170ish hp miata with same weight. Looks more stylish, and given a couple years it will take the Miata to even greater heights.
Closed Thread