Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 03:42 AM   #61
04subwrx
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12
That was very interesting and well written. I had no idea the miata was capable of all that! (Buuut i still think ill hold to my rex)

And even though the cool factor is not important to me, the main reason younger guys dont buy them is there just not "cool"

But good luck with it, i think there great cars.
04subwrx is offline  
Old 04-21-2005, 02:05 PM   #62
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrOoKlYnzZsIcKo
Not to insult, John, but I think the Miata is, in fact, a girly car. I can't stand the size and I think there pretty much toys. They are quick I'll give you that. But not fast. The difference is that the Miata is quick but not fast. A skyline GT-R is a fast car, it climbs to the next gear quicker. Which car would win in a race? Skyline GT-R vs. Miata? Don't think so.

I think you're simply not seing the big picture he talked about. You're being immature and ignorant if you think that fast in a straight line is what is important in a traditional sports car (which is what the Miata is). Small, light, and agile is what cars like this are all about, from the Miata to older sports cars like my Fiat, MGBs, MG Midgets and Austin Sprites, Austin Healey 100/4s, Triumph TR2, TR3, TR250, TR4s, Lotus Elans and Lotus Super 7s, Ginettas, Early TVRs, etc.





















This is the car the Miata was patterned after:

http://www.fototime.com/C14F71D258F34F5/orig.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/DD5AF1267569E77/orig.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/385872F13DB9385/orig.jpg

The fact that you think it's girly because it's not as fast as a Skyline shows you after everything has been eplained thoroughly, to be an ignorant, closed monded fool, who doesmn't know dick about cars. And apaprenltly would rtather REMAIN ignorant and stupid rather than learn from what's been taught here. If that insults you then it's done it's jonb, because you deserve it for intentionally ignoring fact so you can keep your insulting opinion.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline  
Old 05-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #63
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast
 
Low Impedance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 190
also keep in mind there they where built with two different purposes (and price ranges) miatas are common and inexpensive. skylines are the exact opposite. honestly, i dont see the fascanication with them. sure they might be quick but they are so hyped up because 90% of us have never seen one up close.

miatas are like the little bro to the 7.
__________________
87 TII - FreAKinG RUnniNg!
Low Impedance is offline  
Old 06-11-2005, 05:05 AM   #64
I SAY
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
Well well Mr. Miata

Dear Mr. Miata man......for starts you sound like a nice polite, gental, rich guy. Just the type that drive these wanna be sports cars..if ya know what i mean. The money you threw around with all the " expensive sports cars" witch im not sure you really had. let me guess your bald, age between 40 and 50 just the time for a middle aged crisis. Which means you went out and bought a Miata to recapture your long lost youthful days. Well hate to tell ya, people driving the dinky convrtable have a reputation, and get pointed at. Sure i mean the super chargers and bla bla bla. But why dont ya just go bye a mustang or somthing. By the way " i made a sticky" wtf buddy i guess the stereo types are true.
I SAY is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #65
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAY
Dear Mr. Miata man......for starts you sound like a nice polite, gental, rich guy. Just the type that drive these wanna be sports cars..if ya know what i mean. The money you threw around with all the " expensive sports cars" witch im not sure you really had. let me guess your bald, age between 40 and 50 just the time for a middle aged crisis. Which means you went out and bought a Miata to recapture your long lost youthful days. Well hate to tell ya, people driving the dinky convrtable have a reputation, and get pointed at. Sure i mean the super chargers and bla bla bla. But why dont ya just go bye a mustang or somthing. By the way " i made a sticky" wtf buddy i guess the stereo types are true.

You, my firend are a clueless retard. I'd be willing to bet yore' are incapable of learning anything, due to having your mind closed extremely tightly.

STFU and go away, moron. You have no clue as to what a "sports car" is. Read my earlier post. If you're capable of it.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:01 PM   #66
I SAY
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
Im guessin your a thirteen year old, with a poster of a miata in your room. You think just because you can tune it, its the altimate car....just to tell theres better cars for the money you would put in that damn tin can. AKA FAG-MOBILE. BEOTCH!
I SAY is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:53 PM   #67
Spitsign
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAY
Im guessin your a thirteen year old, with a poster of a miata in your room. You think just because you can tune it, its the altimate car....just to tell theres better cars for the money you would put in that damn tin can. AKA FAG-MOBILE. BEOTCH!

What do you drive?
Spitsign is offline  
Old 06-14-2005, 01:11 AM   #68
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
I Say's post is obviously designed to inflame. And he is right jcutsh is nice polite, gentle, well to do guy. I doubt very much he was having a midlife crisis when he wrote the post. In fact I doubt he had any crisis, unlike young mouthy firebrands who embarassingly think big displacement somehow equates to superior peer stature.

Jcutsh is well outside the league of boyracer fantasies and is involved in Miata racing for the sport. His daily drive at the time was something youngling "I Say" could only dream of. The miata has four wheels, an engine, suspension, brakes, etc just like most cars and requires a great deal of effort and money to get them up and boogying.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline  
Old 06-14-2005, 01:54 AM   #69
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SAY
Im guessin your a thirteen year old, with a poster of a miata in your room. You think just because you can tune it, its the altimate car....just to tell theres better cars for the money you would put in that damn tin can. AKA FAG-MOBILE. BEOTCH!

First of all, why all the hate. To me Miata's are race inspired machines. They have Elise handling, good performance, and are cheap and reliable. What you are doing is stereotyping, not everybody that drives Miata's are gay. Most of the people that drive them appreciate them for being a cheap fun car. You should really think about what you are saying before you type. And why dis ChrisV? He is probably one of the smartest people on here and has been a lot more help on here than you'll ever be. You're kind of people piss me off
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline  
Old 06-14-2005, 02:11 AM   #70
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I Say's post is obviously designed to inflame. And he is right jcutsh is nice polite, gentle, well to do guy. I doubt very much he was having a midlife crisis when he wrote the post. In fact I doubt he had any crisis, unlike young mouthy firebrands who embarassingly think big displacement somehow equates to superior peer stature.

Jcutsh is well outside the league of boyracer fantasies and is involved in Miata racing for the sport. His daily drive at the time was something youngling "I Say" could only dream of. The miata has four wheels, an engine, suspension, brakes, etc just like most cars and requires a great deal of effort and money to get them up and boogying.

LOL, Wally...I think you're using words that are too big for his (I say) "feeble widdle mind". The poor kid can't even spell or punctuate.
97Talonchik is offline  
Old 06-14-2005, 02:18 AM   #71
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
LOL, Wally...I think you're using words that are too big for his (I say) "feeble widdle mind". The poor kid can't even spell or punctuate.
punk-too-ate ????
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline  
Old 06-21-2005, 06:55 AM   #72
Jay-G
Banned
 
Jay-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ross, California
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
First of all, why all the hate. To me Miata's are race inspired machines. They have Elise handling, good performance, and are cheap and reliable. What you are doing is stereotyping, not everybody that drives Miata's are gay. Most of the people that drive them appreciate them for being a cheap fun car. You should really think about what you are saying before you type. And why dis ChrisV? He is probably one of the smartest people on here and has been a lot more help on here than you'll ever be. You're kind of people piss me off

THe new miatas will be cool, but the current ones suck. How can you say they have elise handling. Its like saying a mustang has porsche engineering, lol. That might be the dumbest thing i have ever heard, so, 62mph in the slalom compared with 70 is about the same, right?

Yes, Everyone who owns a miata up to 2004 is either gay or a woman, just like the slk's(pre 2005) and z3's(not M).

By cheap fun, do you mean cheap shit? you get what you pay for- shit.
Jay-G is offline  
Old 06-21-2005, 11:35 PM   #73
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
THe new miatas will be cool, but the current ones suck. How can you say they have elise handling. Its like saying a mustang has porsche engineering, lol. That might be the dumbest thing i have ever heard, so, 62mph in the slalom compared with 70 is about the same, right?

Yes, Everyone who owns a miata up to 2004 is either gay or a woman, just like the slk's(pre 2005) and z3's(not M).

By cheap fun, do you mean cheap shit? you get what you pay for- shit.


You know, it should physically hurt to be as closed minded and stupid as you are proving to be.

I find it amusing that people like you make it a goal to be ignorant asshats.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline  
Old 06-21-2005, 11:41 PM   #74
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
THe new miatas will be cool, but the current ones suck. How can you say they have elise handling. Its like saying a mustang has porsche engineering, lol. That might be the dumbest thing i have ever heard, so, 62mph in the slalom compared with 70 is about the same, right?

Yes, Everyone who owns a miata up to 2004 is either gay or a woman, just like the slk's(pre 2005) and z3's(not M).

By cheap fun, do you mean cheap shit? you get what you pay for- shit.

I really don't want to ****ing talk to you, you just see no interest in quality and for that matter cars.
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline  
Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 PM   #75
Jay-G
Banned
 
Jay-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ross, California
Posts: 242
i see no interest in quality because i do not see quality in a miata?hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahah
Jay-G is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.