Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
A few Questions

I was wondering if anyone knew what king of spoiler that was on the first Mustang and if someone could help me figure out how big the pipes are on the second. They look to be about 3" I'm guessing, but I'm not sure.

[img=http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3249/4f17jv.th.jpg]

__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
As for the first question, sorry, I don't know. The second one seems to be a popular setup here. And at least the ones I see, which look very similar to that, are indeed a 3" setup.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
As for the first question, sorry, I don't know. The second one seems to be a popular setup here. And at least the ones I see, which look very similar to that, are indeed a 3" setup.

That is what I thought, I saw this picture and thought the exhaust looked great. I am also wondering, because I have heard a few people as arguments over cars, why the Nuremburg (sorry if I misspelled) times are so important when drivers of the car are important variables. I think I heard thunderbird say something like "Let's see some Nuremburg times" when how accurate are those times if they are all different drivers with different capabilities?
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
That is what I thought, I saw this picture and thought the exhaust looked great. I am also wondering, because I have heard a few people as arguments over cars, why the Nuremburg (sorry if I misspelled) times are so important when drivers of the car are important variables. I think I heard thunderbird say something like "Let's see some Nuremburg times" when how accurate are those times if they are all different drivers with different capabilities?

It's the "Nurburgring" and those are important because it's a pretty windy road/track still with straightaways, so it tests the car on many aspects...I guess the tests would be done with the best drivers that can be found...like that hot girl from Airmanusn's thread
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:02 AM   #5
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
It's the "Nurburgring" and those are important because it's a pretty windy road/track still with straightaways, so it tests the car on many aspects...I guess the tests would be done with the best drivers that can be found...like that hot girl from Airmanusn's thread

I see, but that woman could take that Van and do that then she could do amazing things with other cars. Where as other people may not be as skilled as her and test the cars out on the Nurburgring. There could then, in the end, be a more than significant difference between what these times represent. Not only that but after seeing the tape of her I believe the times are greatly based on the driver- and she proved that. In conclusion I find it difficult to believe these times can measure a car, in any way, accurately. A dyno is one thing... doing laps around that track with different drivers behind the wheel is another...
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:11 AM   #6
Sgt. Pepper
CF Enthusiast
 
Sgt. Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
It's the "Nurburgring" and those are important because it's a pretty windy road/track still with straightaways, so it tests the car on many aspects...I guess the tests would be done with the best drivers that can be found...like that hot girl from Airmanusn's thread

Where is this thread?
__________________


Sgt. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper
Where is this thread?

Here is the Thread
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #8
Sgt. Pepper
CF Enthusiast
 
Sgt. Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 110
Hmmm....

It seems I already saw it. Thx man
__________________


Sgt. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #9
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
I see, but that woman could take that Van and do that then she could do amazing things with other cars. Where as other people may not be as skilled as her and test the cars out on the Nurburgring. There could then, in the end, be a more than significant difference between what these times represent. Not only that but after seeing the tape of her I believe the times are greatly based on the driver- and she proved that. In conclusion I find it difficult to believe these times can measure a car, in any way, accurately. A dyno is one thing... doing laps around that track with different drivers behind the wheel is another...

//////////
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.