Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 PM   #16
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
I've always felt like I didn't belong here, like I was taken away at birth and put in this place. I always knew I was meant to be somewhere else........Australia !

Actually, I hung out with a bunch of ausies while I was living in Ghana for 3 years. What a great bunch. So easy going and fun loving. I had a great time with those guys. They are not that different than myself so I could relate easily.

Someday I will get down there.

So you learnt how to take the piss, not to put dibs on yourself, laugh at danger and real meaning of free speech.

Here's a condensed joke that should bring back memories:

Two swagmen (hobo's) are walking along an outback road when they come upon an animal carcus. They spend about two minutes looking at it and move on. Later that night while waiting for the billy to boil, one of them says to the other "that donkey must have been hit by a road train". His cobber looks at him in suprise and says "that wasn't a donkey it was a horse". They both pause to think and then bed in for the night.

The following morning the one of them rises to find the other gone. He finds a note next to his bed roll, which reads:- " I leaving, there's too much bloody arguing in this camp!"
Old 11-09-2005, 11:38 PM   #17
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
So you learnt how to take the piss, not to put dibs on yourself, laugh at danger and real meaning of free speech.

Two swagmen (hobo's) are walking along an outback road when they come upon an animal carcus. They spend about two minutes looking at it and move on. Later that night while waiting for the billy to boil, one of them says to the other "that donkey must have been hit by a road train". His cobber looks at him in suprise and says "that wasn't a donkey it was a horse". They both pause to think and then bed in for the night.

The following morning the one of them rises to find the other gone. He finds a note next to his bed roll, which reads:- " I leaving, there's too much bloody arguing in this camp!"

where bouts on the coast?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #18
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:

I could always take the piss but was never very good at giving it back. While I love jokes and can laugh at myself, I don't retain them often so I usually have to resort to what I know about the person.

The craziest time I had was when I was biking (bicycle) up a mining road (gravel) that was built on the side of some hills. This ausie pulls up in a Landcruiser pickup and asks if I wanted a lift. So I thow the bike in the back and hop in.

We start heading up the road that has about a 50 foot drop off the left side. I'm not sure how fast he was going but at every curve the a$$ end of the truck was kicked out. Were talking, drinking (he had offered me a beer and how could I refuse), and then he starts rolling up some local smoking product.

I will never forget the image of this guy, beer on the dash, both wrists on the top of the steering wheel, his hands rolling a joint, all while he was drifting around a corner where one little mistake would have sent us down a 50 foot hill. Gotta love it.

Danger.......bah!!! Bring it on.

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Wow! Thanks for reminding me of the second most important reason I live where I do. We have a 1600 sf home (too big for me), 2200 sf barn, five nicely fenced horse pastures, an 80' x 150" horse arena, 2500 square foot shop and some other various outbuildings. Very secluded at the end of a private road and two sides are bordered by a 25k acre state forest. No Wal-Mart across the street for me ever and all of it has been built in the last few years. Oh yeah, we have maybe $150k invested in it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #20
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Cliffy you don't need to answer, we all know you guys live on curry and chips.
Yup, and it's bloody expensive, too

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote