Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #16
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Well it looks like the Burban(idk about the spelling) street area didn't get hit too bad from watching Shepard Smith, but I saw the rest of the AL MI New Orleans costal area got hit pretty hard....

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #17
97Talonchik
discombobulated

We're already getting some heavy rain bands and tornado warnings here. It's going to be a long night.

EDIT: I have to laugh at this, but they are pretty much telling us on the news if we hear the siren (tornado siren) it's probably already there and to take cover ASAP. Come to think of it, I don't think we even have sirens here.

Last edited by 97Talonchik : 08-30-2005 at 12:30 AM.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #18
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
We're already getting some heavy rain bands and tornado warnings here. It's going to be a long night.

Log on to IM chica, donka shane
Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 AM   #19
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
ok i too hope for the best.... but really, it's kinda like rock climbing and falling to your death... or skydiving and the parachute not opening or me living in the mountains and a giant rockslide taking out my home and town...thats the way it was meant to be right? im not a jerk for thinking this am i? cuz if so please feel free to tell me.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:52 AM   #20
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
ok i too hope for the best.... but really, it's kinda like rock climbing and falling to your death... or skydiving and the parachute not opening or me living in the mountains and a giant rockslide taking out my home and town...thats the way it was meant to be right? im not a jerk for thinking this am i? cuz if so please feel free to tell me.

well, it does come with the region they live in....like saskatchewan has blizzards...but it still sucks!

New Orleans escaped the brunt of the storm - it was downgraded to a 3 and curved eastward towards Biloxi, MS - New Orleans may only get 6-8 feet of water now...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #21
adamc44
CF Freak

has any other country offered to help us out.....?

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:10 AM   #22
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc44
has any other country offered to help us out.....?
No, but that's a whole 'nother thread....

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 09-01-2005, 01:18 AM   #23
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
help out with what?????? you guys have billions of dollars for disaster fund what would you need help with, maybe the looting punks can drop the tv's and crap they are stealing and maybe put some sand bags out,
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 AM   #24
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
help out with what?????? you guys have billions of dollars for disaster fund what would you need help with, maybe the looting punks can drop the tv's and crap they are stealing and maybe put some sand bags out,
the point is we help everyone else, but do they help us? NO Do they hate us? YES

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 09-01-2005, 04:51 AM   #25
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
the point is we help everyone else, but do they help us? NO Do they hate us? YES

whoa whoa whoa - we got our own to worry about buddy. I know it really blows a goat that all these people are now homeless, jobless, and have no possessions, but we still have to look out for ourselves. I'm sure the Canadian Forces that are training in the US(yes, there IS cross-training going on), will be on hand if called.

If the US wants to pay my bills and fly me down towards there I'll help, but I got to take care of myself...

And did the Americans help Canada when Quebec had that nasty ice-storm a few years back that left people powerless for over a month in the dead of winter?.....no

It's not that we hate Americans, it's just that you've spent the last 5 years flexing military muscle across the ocean, and the rest of the world figures you can handle something like this on your own.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:59 AM   #26
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I think that's well out of order....I have one thing to say to you here without going Off Topic...9/11 .....Us Brits done nothing but help you guys out...as a Nation, not just NY

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #27
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

yah englands good guys, the only thing canada has done for us that i can and always will remember is let us land our planes there during 9/11
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #28
JaneiR36
CF Freak

We may have money, but we could still (have?) used other countries' help because of the QUICK mobilization needed. Also, with the devastation and the loss of one of our oil locations, we're kind of on our knees as it is and cannot help ourselves at full capacity.

I cannot help but wonder if this is just the kick in the ass some other country was hoping we'd get, so they'd step in and be the world's super-power. There's so much to worry about, whether it is somebody's next meal or if they'll even be alive in the next minute, or the future of America at large.

9/11 was awful, but DAMMIT it didn't bury a whole city!!!

This is just so awful on so many levels. I heard Category 5 and couldn't believe that many people didn't have the means to leave the city. I couldn't help but wonder if the shelters would even hold up. Some others may not have taken it too seriously, I've heard of college students trapped in their dorms trying to send text messages so they can be rescued. This is one hell of a reality check and a very costly one at that
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:40 PM   #29
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
We may have money, but we could still (have?) used other countries' help because of the QUICK mobilization needed. Also, with the devastation and the loss of one of our oil locations, we're kind of on our knees as it is and cannot help ourselves at full capacity.

I cannot help but wonder if this is just the kick in the ass some other country was hoping we'd get, so they'd step in and be the world's super-power. There's so much to worry about, whether it is somebody's next meal or if they'll even be alive in the next minute, or the future of America at large.

9/11 was awful, but DAMMIT it didn't bury a whole city!!!

This is just so awful on so many levels. I heard Category 5 and couldn't believe that many people didn't have the means to leave the city. I couldn't help but wonder if the shelters would even hold up. Some others may not have taken it too seriously, I've heard of college students trapped in their dorms trying to send text messages so they can be rescued. This is one hell of a reality check and a very costly one at that
This isn't going to kill America. Sure it is one heck of a blow but we will get over it and continue with our lives. However, I'm sure some people are happy we got nailed and are saying we deserved it.

We all live in areas with risks and benefits. Up here it was the 28 tornados that went through the state destroying numerous towns last week. These are acts of nature, god, budda, whatever and we have to deal with them and we know the risks we face when we live in a certain area. When these things happen we will pull together and help out where it's needed.

My condolences and best wishes go out to the areas affected by Katrina.

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #30
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

I'm going to cry - this is IE window two open, because I have a huge repsonse in the other one that froze on me....I'll have to rewrite it after work....