Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Insurance for modified cars?

Ok I have all state insurance, and was wondering what would happen, if I put, a Body Kit, Lowering Springs, Rims, and Exaust on my car, and I got into an accident.

1, would they cover my body kit? and 2, would they even cover the car at all?

Please explain to me how insurance companies handel this.
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:25 AM   #2
vlc92189
CF Newbie

from what i know.. when your insured it covers the car, not what you do to it. say if i had a 02 rsx and i put exhaust, intake, so and so on.. then i get in a accident ( not my faulT) then they would pay for your car, not the aftermarket parts.
vlc92189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
ride3k
CF Addict

i know someone that got into an accident w/ a body kit on there car and the insurance covered the kit b/c it was part of the car and it was damaged, but it also prolly depends on the insurance you have, ask your insurance company

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride3k
i know someone that got into an accident w/ a body kit on there car and the insurance covered the kit b/c it was part of the car and it was damaged, but it also prolly depends on the insurance you have, ask your insurance company

No, unless you tell your insurance company about the modifications, they cover nothing. Mine doesn't at least and from asking other friends none of them do.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Over here, if you insure your car as a standard car, then modify it without informing them.....and then crash it....they wont pay out, because insurance companies will use any excuse not to pay you!...And you'll probably be sued by any other drivers involved too!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote