Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM   #16
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
How about just saying "arrogant little Twinks who think they have control of a car while talking on the phone"? Yeah, that's it.

If you want to talk on the phone, go sit in your house. Driving is a full time job, and cell idiots like you are a wreck looking for a place to happen.

I agree. I have since gotten an ear piece for my phone. It's much easier & safer that way.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:49 AM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Undercover cops generally don't give tickets.
It depends what their business is, so to speak. I'm assuming it's much the same in most countries, in that Police Officers who are usually uniformed often undertake plain clothes operations in unmarked vehicles to catch motorists out. On the other end of the scale you have other types of Cop, that are on more serious business, such as Detectives, who probably wouldn't bother pulling cars over for traffic violations as they have more serious crimes to take care of!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:35 AM   #18
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
I agree. I have since gotten an ear piece for my phone. It's much easier & safer that way.

I think there are VERY few places you should be allowed to talk on the phone, and while driving your car is most deffinately not one of them, and if you hurt a friend or family memeber of mine because you just had to call your mom while you drive down the interstate goddamn you better pray to your god i never find you. its as bad as drinking and driving and ive already lost an aunt to some asshole who thought he could do that. dont be a dick, wait till you get home to use the phone, and dont answer phone calls in line at safeway or ordering a burger, i feel like ramming that phone so far up there tight assholes. how rude you dont deserve to be a part of society when you put a phone call above a human being in importance.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #19
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
I think there are VERY few places you should be allowed to talk on the phone, and while driving your car is most deffinately not one of them, and if you hurt a friend or family memeber of mine because you just had to call your mom while you drive down the interstate goddamn you better pray to your god i never find you. its as bad as drinking and driving and ive already lost an aunt to some asshole who thought he could do that. dont be a dick, wait till you get home to use the phone, and dont answer phone calls in line at safeway or ordering a burger, i feel like ramming that phone so far up there tight assholes. how rude you dont deserve to be a part of society when you put a phone call above a human being in importance.

I agree that it's unsafe while driving, but not that you shouldn't use it when you need to. In the car, use an earpiece, and in line at safeway, feel free to use it.

Maybe this isn't the case for you, but for me and many others, my phone is my life line. I absolutely need to have it on me and be available to answer calls at all times.

Very infrequently do I receive calls for chatting or for fun. They're usually important in some way.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:44 AM   #20
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Newsflash to everyone in this thread. It's UN-MARKED not UNDERCOVER.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #21
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Newsflash to everyone in this thread. It's UN-MARKED not UNDERCOVER.
That was sort of what I was trying to say. An undercover cop is generally on some sort of investigation (not necessarily a Detective though). A cop in an unmarked vehicle could be fulfilling traffic duties. The term 'undercover' can still be used as far as I'm aware though.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 AM   #22
Monte_Carlo
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift4
Hey, alright, im a tad concerned here. I was driving home on my favorite twisty road and had driven slow the whole ride home so I was opening it up a bit. I wasnt driving TOO fast, maybe 45-50 around the fairly wide turns in what I believe was a 35 (MIGHT have been a 45 but I think its 35). Well, anyway, the flow of traffic on this road after the 3 turns (it straightens out after the turns I was on) that I was on is about 45 and no-one ever gets stopped for doing 45 there. But, I was doing 45 on one of the turns and, whatdya know, an undercover cop drives by in the opposite lane (dont know what model car it was but it was NOT the normal crown vic - maybe a taurus?) and right before he passes me, he puts on his lights. I got pretty nervous (never been pulled over before - only had my license for like 2 weeks) and I slowed WAY down. Idled about 15 mph for the remaining 500 or more yards of the road. It lets off into a neighborhood after this and I pulled off into a driveway to wait becuase I didnt want to run obviously. So, I sat and waited for at least a full minute (not a hard road to turn around on and there wasnt really any traffic around him preventing him from doing so) but the undercover cop didnt seem to be coming back so I backed out of the driveway and drove home - Am I in the wrong here? Are flashing lights like a common "Slow down" type thing? or what? Maybe I left to soon? Whatdya think? My car is pretty recognizable (mazdaspeed protege) so I dont wanna get stopped again by him and have him say "evading law enforcement" when i actually DID stop and wait. . .

If u got away with it then cool but dont keep doing it or next time hes gonna ticket your ass
Monte_Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #23
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Undercover cops generally don't give tickets.

yeah, that's why they have unmarked cars... so they can just drive around and watch people speed....

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:01 AM   #24
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

We call them ghost cars, not sure about you guys...

Maybe the cop just dropped his doughnut on the "lightflasher" button for a second?